Chapter 63: Thor's shock

The hammer seemed to have lost all its weight in Bruce's hands as he moved it down and up time and time again. The legendary hammer Mjolnir was lifted so easily by a 'normal' human, and in the meantime all of this was being displayed right in front of the three heads of the Avengers!

As the master of the hammer, Thor instantly froze in place in confusion. Not only was he wrong, but he was even face slapped so heavily! Just now he had said with full confidence that no one from Earth could lift his hammer.

But in the very next second, Mjolnir was very easily lifted up and thrown around by Bruce, which completely blindsided him.

This was the first time he saw anyone lift Mjolnir besides Odin and himself, and to make it worse it was even a human from Earth without the Aesir's bloodline, who had beaten him as well.

To make the situation even worse, when he saw the doubtful expression on Bruce's face, he got even more embarrassed and didn't know what to say.

On the other hand, Loki who was standing on the mountaintop was similarly shocked. He didn't even know this man existed before all of this, but he became the variable that shook everything.

"No, no, no! The plan still needs to go on!" Loki thought in his head, and tried his best to suppress his shock.

Both of the 'gods' had been shocked this time around. An earthling could actually beat both of them single handedly, what a truly incredible thing that was! It was also beyond anyone's expectations.

When Bruce lifted Mjolnir, he didn't have any other intent. Sure, he wanted to take it for himself, but this wasn't the time to do that. Moreover, if he had the required energy value, he could just download the hammer directly.

Even though it needed a lot of energy value, the downloaded Mjolnir would only be owned and wielded by him. But Bruce wasn't in a rush, as long as he kept up the battles, he would eventually get the required energy value.

His most recent fight with Thor for example, although it wasn't really a fight, it still got him 100 points of energy value. Based on Bruce's conjectures, if the battle was one that decided the life and death of the participants, he would get a lot more energy value.

The amount of energy value he got was based off of the opponent's strength, the type of battle it was, etc. The more fierce a battle was, the more energy value he would get and vice versa.

"Okay, let's go back," Captain America spoke again, they couldn't continue to procrastinate here.

Following which, Iron Man and Thor nodded. While Iron Man was still in shock as well, Thor had gotten over It and was just embarrassed at this point.

Seeing that, Bruce smiled and handed back Mjolnir to Thor, who merely lowered his head that was still in chaos. After that, they took Loki back to the plane and flew toward the air base of S.H.I.E.L.D.

In the main room of the Helicarrier, the Director of S.H.I.E.L.D. Nick Fury and his close aide Coulson also saw the terrifying display of strength that Bruce made. Surprisingly, Fury was more shocked, as he didn't even know there was such an agent in his own organization.

"Coulson, do you know him? He could actually fight with Thor to a standstill." Fury said as he looked at him, after all he was Coulson's man.

"Before this, I had felt that he was very unusual but that was it. It's very probable that he is a human superhero that we hadn't discovered before."

The 'human superhero' category that Coulson talked about, were actually people that had the chance to become an Avenger. With Bruce's strength, he was fully qualified to join the Avengers plan and become an Avenger.

"Mr. Fury, do you want me to talk to him about joining the Avengers?" Coulson also wanted Bruce to join the Avengers, as he was one of his agents and their power overall would grow at the same time.

"We need our own people," Fury said. He thought that Bruce should not join the Avengers, because in his eyes, if Bruce really had superpowers, he could become their trump card.

And Coulson apparently agreed with this sentiment as he nodded. After all, the S.H.I.E.L.D. couldn't rely on the Avengers for everything. Even Baron hadn't joined the Avengers until later on, so he wasn't regarded as one of their own.

But Bruce on the other hand, wasn't like that. They knew everything about him very clearly, and he was truly regarded as one of their own.

"Okay, I'll go see that so-called god," Fury said.

Just as the plane landed, Fury saw Bruce and co. come back. Before this event, he had suffered great losses at the hands of Loki, so he had to redeem himself now.

Meanwhile, at this time, Captain America, Black Widow and Thor had landed and left first, leaving Bruce to report to Coulson. Afterwhich, Iron Man took off his armor and left the area together with Coulson.

After downloading so many abilities, Bruce had gotten a lot stronger than before, to the point that it was incomparable. There were a lot of abilities making him stronger right now, but more abilities didn't necessarily mean that he was stronger.

So the next thing he needed to do, was to continue developing the main story of the plot, and unlock more functions from the system. He was especially eyeing the fusion function, It was the one he wanted most at the moment.

All of his abilities, after undergoing planned fusions, would become more powerful and overall more perfect. Perhaps the abilities related to his body and genes he had downloaded would even make him a godly gene after fusing them all.

And as his abilities got more and more powerful, eventually in the end, he would really become a god. But all of this talk about becoming a god was way too early. His goal at present was to download Iron Man's Mark 7 Armor and go from there.

As long as he could get his hands on one suit, he could upgrade it continuously and use only that one suit. Thinking along those lines, Bruce arrived at the main area of the Helicarrier.

Meanwhile, Banner, Thor, Captain America and the Black Widow were all getting together to discuss the events that transpired this time.

"I thought his surrender this time around was too simple." Black Widow's viewpoint was the same as Captain America's, they both thought that Loki's intentions wouldn't be so simple.

"Yes, that guy is smart as well. Though I think he is a madman for actually wanting to use the Tesseract's power." Banner said, agreeing with both of them.

The Tesseract emitted gamma rays, and no one knew better than Banner exactly how dangerous those gamma rays were. Even if one had an Aesir's strong body, it made no difference.

"Be careful what you say, he is an Aesir and my brother!" Thor warned Banner, he didn't like someone evaluating his own brother in this way.

"He has killed seventy to eighty people in two days, and most of these people were unarmed," Bruce said. He walked up just as the Captain and Black Widow were struggling to mediate the dispute.

He was wearing a black suit which amplified the momentum his very tall body naturally produced. And because of his previous fight, no one neglected him.

"Loki is my father's adopted son, I don't know him very well," Thor said. He revealed that his relationship with Loki wasn't very good and directly distanced himself from him.

"He has found Iridium," said Iron Man, who appeared alongside Coulson.

And as soon as he walked in, Bruce's feverish eyes fell upon him.