Chapter 39

》Y/N's POV

》Y/N's POV

I blinked my eyes. They ached to shut as time flew by. Ever since I woke up from the horrible nightmare to which Dagrun had imprisoned me, I had not once slept. I was, of course, a bit afraid of closing my eyes. What if Dagrun made me fall asleep again? I would be unable to help Loki, and time was not in our favor. I had until nightfall of the next day to figure out how to help Loki. I didn't know anything about the Infinity Stones and I had a feeling that what happened between us in New York was part of all this complicated ordeal.

I didn't know the time, yet it felt like night had drawn out for an eternity. I sighed, frustrated that I couldn't find the answers I was looking for. After months I still held the same questions.

I held my head between my palms and groaned. I needed to let out my frustration and think positively, if not I wouldn't be able to help Loki, and if that happened, I wouldn't be able to forgive myself. I was going to figure everything out, I just needed to push through.

Just as I decided to resume my research, the door opened softly. I thought it was Loki, but when I looked up it was Lady Frigga. A worried expression settled on her fine facial features. I bowed my head respectfully as she entered the room.

"I came to check on you." Frigga said, settling herself next to me.

I looked up at her and smiled thankfully. "I'm alright, my lady."

Lady Frigga looked at the book on the desk and her brows cocked up, "So the book was for you? I didn't know why Loki needed it, but it seemed important."

I nodded and then turned my head towards the book. Everything was too difficult to understand. I could read what was written, but it all seemed to be in codes, nothing was specific. I hated not understanding. Specially when I was running out of time. "I can't understand most of it... But I have to."

"And why is that?" Frigga asked. She seemed a bit worried at the unknown reason why I was so insistent on knowing more about the Infinity Stones. I knew they were important. I also knew they could be dangerous in the wrong hands.

I sighed and let my head hang low. I didn't know if I could tell Lady Frigga. She knew my secret. She knew I was a human and that Loki had brought me here without permission. Still, she didn't know anything about Dagrun or Thanos or what was going to be happening tomorrow night. I debated the decision, until I came to the conclusion of not telling her yet. I would, but I couldn't betray Loki's trust.

"My lady... I wish I could tell you, but I made a vow to Loki. Just know that it is nothing bad. I'm trying everything that is in my power to help him... I can't fail him. I made him a promise. A promise I wasn't able to keep because I was trapped in my head. So, please, trust us." I confessed, looking up to meet Frigga's eyes.

I watched her expression mold to a motherly one. It felt warm and reassuring, and for a second I could only think of my own mother. She always had a way with words. She always knew what to say to make me feel better. She always had a solution for everything. And I never knew I needed her so much until now, when Loki's fate is in my hands and countless of lives around the universe relay on me.