CHAPTER 19 ↠ working together

Every day that passed without news or the return of Bea, seemed to Finn like the chances of her coming back grew smaller

It had been over a month since she went back to London. Soon enough it'd make two months. Two months without any letter or telephone call, without any news about Bea from Bonnie Gold either.

Bea was quietly sitting in the back of the car since the beginning of the ride, keeping her eyes down for most of it.

As if destiny, though, she rose her eyes and looked out to the street, just in time to seen Finn Shelby walk by in the other direction. She turned back to look at the window in the back of the car to confirm it was really him, despite then only being able to see his back.

"Stop the car!" Bea shouted excitedly at the driver. "Finn!" She shouted again as she opened her door. "Finn!"

Hearing his name clearly, but still thinking that his ears were betraying him, Finn turned back.

Bea jumped out of the car, leaving the door open and running to Finn with the biggest, brightest smile on her face. Finn opened his arms out for Bea as she did so and then she crashed into him, chuckling.

"Finn!" she says with relief as he holds her.

"Bea!" He chuckles. "Why didn't you tell me you were finally coming back?" he wondered as she took a step back. "I would have gone get you."

"I wanted to surprise everyone," she says.

"I'm glad you did. But I still would have liked to come and pick you up from London myself."

"Oh, and have such a long drive just to get me earlier? That would be too much."

"No, it wouldn't," Finn admits with a smile. "Not for you."

Bea, flustered by such words, can only smile. Then, she shakes her head to return to reality and remembering she had bags on the car.

"This time I brought a lot more things from my aunt's house, so you have to help me," she says walking back to the car and holding his hand so that he follows. "I brought everything I could, since I'm really staying."

"You are?"

"That's the plan," she confirms with a smile.

When she gets to the car she takes out a hat and puts it on, before getting her bags. Finn helps her, taking the bags from her hands as she takes them out of the car. She says something to the driver than Finn can't understand and as soon as she closes the door he drives away.