20. Virginia Here We Are

Metallica blared through the speakers of Dean's Impala as Lizzie drove it

Metallica blared through the speakers of Dean's Impala as Lizzie drove it. She was singing along to the lyrics, trying to cheer him up but it wasn't working. He was sat staring out of the window like a lost puppy and it made her sigh.

"See, this is what I was talking about. You already hate yourself."

"I don't hate myself because I'm a vampire, Liz," Dean said, looking back at his sister. "And I don't hate myself, I just hate that I tried to kill Bella. But I'm going to learn self-control even if it kills me, so we can go back to Forks and I can see Sammy again."

Lizzie smiled at that, bumping her shoulder with Dean's playfully. "That's my boy," she praised. "Now sing with me because I really love this song, but I feel like a dork when I'm singing alone."

"You are a dork," Dean chuckled.

"Whatever you say, bitch."

"Hey, that's my line!"

"Too bad, so sad. Now sing with me!"

"Okay, okay," Dean rolled his eyes before picking up the lyrics for the song Nothing Else Matters. He cleared his throat and Lizzie grinned.

"Trust I seek and I find in you
Every day for us something new
Open mind for a different view
And nothing else matters."

They arrived at the Salvatore boarding house around an hour later. Dean had only ever passed through Virginia once in his life while Lizzie had stayed in the small town of Mystic Falls for months at a time almost every second year.

"Well, if it isn't our little Elizabeth Cullen," the eldest Salvatore brother called out with a smirk.

"Damon," she smiled.

She vamp sped up to him and the two hugged. She loved coming to Mystic Falls and staying with the Salvatore brothers, they were basically like the Cullen's cousins. Damon took Lizzie to the Mystic Grill, parties, and car rides while Stefan hogged Lizzie to watch tv shows with him, read, and go bunny diet hunting.

"Who's leather jacket over there?"

"Dean Winchester. He's my biological brother," Lizzie explained as Dean exited the car and made his way over to them. "So be nice."

"Scout's honor," Damon saluted.

To Lizzie's surprise, the two got on well so well that they drove Lizzie crazy in the first week. Damon would dance and drink bourbon at all hours of the night and day while Dean joined in and rocked out to his favorite Bon Jovi songs. If she still needed to sleep she would have probably resorted to murdering the two, luckily she didn't, and luckily Stefan was there to stop her and whisk her away for peaceful forest walks.

Dean's control was getting there. They started off slow with Damon pouring himself a glass of blood and accidentally leaving it on the counter in front of Dean. He'd be watched, obviously. Lizzie refused to be the one to bring back her brother's bleeding red eyes or the reason he suddenly got hooked on human blood instead of animal. It took some time and a couple of restraints later with the help of both Damon and Stefan, sometimes even Caroline but they were getting there.