Chapter 2: Final Key (part 2)

Jisun jumped when she entered her office, the presence of the dark haired girl seated on one of her couches in the centre of the room

Jisun jumped when she entered her office, the presence of the dark haired girl seated on one of her couches in the centre of the room. "Who let you in?"

"One of your servants." Grace replied, still staring at a wall as Jisun lit up the room. Unlike Grace, she wasn't used to the darkness, needing a bit of light in her life to function. "If you wanted to keep me out, you should have told them."

"I thought you would know better than to intrude." Jisun said, moving towards Grace, taking a seat opposite to her. "But I guess I was wrong."

Before Grace died, she and Jisun had a decent relationship. Mark's younger sister was very supportive of her relationship with Mark, and they never had any problems.

Ever since she had returned though, it seemed like that had all changed. There was something that seemed off with Grace, her aura reminding Jisun of Chanyoung's in a way. In addition to the fact that she had learned that Minsun wasn't her child, there was something off about her sister-in-law, something that made Jisun unable to trust her.

"It seems like you're not very happy with my choice of bringing Minsun with me." Grace said, looking away from Jisun as she took in the rest of the study.

"It just seems pointless, that's all. Minsun has many responsibilities as the crown princess, I think her time can be better spent. Do you even have a lead on where the key is?"

"Minsun will not take the throne." Grace announced, making Jisun stiffen. Her head slowly turned, meeting Jisun's eyes. "She's not your daughter which means that she won't be the next ruler."
Jisun clenched her teeth, holding in the anger boiling inside of her. "A crown princess isn't created overnight. Minsun has worked for this all her life, even if she's not my daughter, I don't see why she can't take it. Plus, I don't think this is a decision for you to make."

"I won't allow it." Grace said, standing up, ignoring the fact that she was facing the Queen of Orenda. "Minsun has much more to learn, she won't be able to take on the crown princess duties. At this point, you should train Jihyung instead, he'd be a much better fit."

"Yah!" Jisun exclaimed but Grace ignored her, moving straight through the doors. Jisun quickly chased after her, about to pull her back but Grace had already opened the door, revealing Mark on the other side.

"Oh, am I interrupting something?" Mark asked, eyeing the two females.

Yes, Jisun wanted to say but Grace was faster, shaking her head. "No, I was about to leave. Enjoy the rest of the evening with your wife, brother."

Jisun could only watch as Grace left her office, disappearing from her sight. Mark took notice of this, reaching out and placing an arm around her shoulders. "Love, is everything alright? You seem tense."

"She's taking Minsun away from us." Jisun stated bluntly, no longer caring that she was talking bad about her husband's sister. "She won't let Minsun be the next ruler of Orenda."