Save Me

16-year-old Marinette Dupain-Cheng couldn't take it anymore.

Lila had officially turned all her friends against her last month. Adrien didn't trust her.

Her heart burned as she thought about that name.

Adrien.

Thunder rumbled in the distance. The rainstorm was getting worse, the droplets slamming into her window. She tore the posters of him off of her wall. The morning thunderstorm didn't make any sense. Screw that, nothing made any sense anymore. Tikki noticed how broken and tired Marinette looked. Tikki tried to protest.

"Marinette-"

She shot Tikki a glare, and that shut her up.

Marinette resumed taking down the posters, ripping them into shreds as she seethed.

That stupid little blind boy, she thought. I wonder what I ever saw in him.

She had thought Adrien was the best thing that ever happened to her. She couldn't believe that she ever wished to be with him.

After all, last week he didn't believe her, believing that Lila's lies mean no harm. Couldn't he see how scarred Marinette looked?

"He's pathetic," Marinette muttered, kicking the ground. "I'm pathetic."

She finished depositing the posters and went into the bathroom to adjust her makeup. She turned on the flickering light and lifted her bangs up.

A purple bruise was present, right on her forehead. She sighed. She knew she could hide it, but nothing could hide the emptiness and pain she felt. She covered it up with foundation, just in case, and swung on her backpack, uncertain about going to school.

***

"Go die in hell."

Those were the first words that were said to her today. Marinette walked past Kim and Max, who were laughing and pointing at her. When the bell rang, she was the last to class. Miss Bustier glared at her, tapping her foot impatiently. Marinette glanced up. Lila wasn't in her seat, but the whole class was shooting death glares at her.

"I'm sorry I'm late-"

"Sit down."

"But-"

"SIT. DOWN."

Marinette solemly slumped in her seat. Miss Bustier was overly angry at Marinette. Lila had told her that Marinette had broken Lila's gift to her. Miss Bustier has been angry ever since.

She heard the door slam open. Miss Bustier had left the room. Marinette sighed in relief.

Lila suddenly ran into the class crying, seemingly covered with blood and bruises.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry I'm late to class! Marinette hit me this morning and threw me down the stairs!" she fake-whimpered, clutching her leg. "She broke my ankle!"

Marinette rolled her eyes.

"Funny. You were running pretty well for a broken leg," she said flatly. Lila's eyes widened, and she suddenly collapsed onto the ground, limiting any suspicion.

"I had no choice, Marinette! After you beat me up, I still wanted to learn in this wonderful class with all of you, so I rushed here as fast as I could!" she cried. "Now it hurts even more!"

Everyone stared at Marinette. For a second, nobody moved. Alya stood up from her chair, her eyes ice cold. she cracked her knuckles, breaking the silence.

"You're going to pay for that."

Marinette's confidence cracked. Those words sent a shiver down her spine. She shrunk in her seat. Kim and Nino were helping Lila now, carrying her to the nurse.