LIGHTS, CAMERA AND REVEAL

EVA'S P.O.V

Secrets and pasts go deep, and are supposed to remain hidden - until and unless the right time and person comes to resurface them. The truth isn't supposed to be recovered if the situation doesn't allow. But sometimes the biggest revelations are made in the most unexpected times when you least expect it. For instance the moment right now, I would have never thought in my craziest dreams that I would share my past with Ace. The person who has made my life hell by becoming a part of it. 

"What?...I mean how?" Ace was shocked and for the first time in my life I had seen him showing this expression of shock.  If the situation was different I would have laughed at him. 

Okay fine, I am going to laugh at him. Now.

And so,

I laughed.

"Your...your face." I said between my chuckles. Ace looked at me with the same expression he gives me - 'you-are-completely-and-utterly-crazy.'

What? This is no movie okay? So I am not obliged to follow the cliché things we see on the screen. This is as real as possible.

"Okay, fine. I am sorry." I said and then took a deep breath as I time travelled to the time when it all happened. 

THIRD PERSON P.O.V.

May 2009, Virginia

The day was dark due to the stormy clouds spread in the infinity sky. The only house in miles, The John's house, was surrounded with lush green trees and shrubs but their lush seemed to be dull today, matching the darkness falling around. The shouting could be heard even outside as the residents of the sole house screamed and yelled.

"How could you do this to me Liliana?" Zach shouted from one end of the house. 

"I am sorry Zach. But please try to understand. I want this baby. I want to raise this child just like we did Eva. I know this will work." Liliana, Eva's mother, tried to convince her husband Zach who was hell bent on aborting the 7 and a half month child in her womb. They both were the happiest couple when the good news reached them the last year. But now Zach had changed, he was not the same person he was the last year. The addiction of drugs and being a member of a gang was bound to have a effect on him. His wife and daughter only knew that he worked in some kind of private company which gave contracts to him but they were oblivious to Zach's dark activities.

"You know we can't raise the child Liliana. I don't have that much of money. I cannot afford another child. My contracts do not give me enough money."  Zach reasoned.

"But you were so happy back then. We were so happy. How could I give away all our happiness now? How can we - How..." Liliana was crestfallen as the tears made way in her eyes at the thought of killing a 7 months child yet to be born. How can they do anything so insensitive?

Zach rushed to her wife's side as she was about to fall. He supported her and made up sit on the sofa nearby. 

"Honey. We have to do this. We can't have a child whom we cannot raise. No one deserves such a life. It's better if we don't get him/her into this world. It's better to end it's life then to-" But Zach was slapped hard by his wife before he could complete himself.

He was shaking with anger. But he controlled it and left the room, leaving Liliana  contemplating her actions until she reached a decision. A decision which was going to have serious consequences but she knew that even after the days of fighting, her husband was never going to accept the unborn child. She had to leave.