Chapter Eight- Dick

A/N: This one is a short one :)

"You're staring, doll," Josh whispered down to me, handing over a drink he had just made. I took it from him, eagerly gulping the fruity flavored liquid. It just tasted like orange juice, but I knew that there was probably vodka in it.

I moved my eyes from the disgusting sight in front of me and turned to face Josh instead. "Who the hell makes out with a girl, leaves her in the room when they get caught, and then shoves his tongue down another girl's throat?" I demanded with a scowl on my face.

If Xander regretted the kiss, that's all he had to say. It would never be discussed again, but don't leave me to explain to our friends what happened and then go make out with someone else immediately after.

It made me feel dirty.

I knew that I needed to rant to someone, so I dragged Josh outside and explained what had happened. He also needed to rant to me about girl problems, so we were out for like 20 minutes.

"A dick, that's who." He replied and took a sip of his drink.

He was right. Xander was a dick. God, why did I even let him kiss me?

My eyes scanned the crowd as I went over my thoughts, scolding myself for my behaviour when I noticed a girl with bleached blond hair staring in our direction. I remember Josh explaining that she was the one who fucked him over.

"That girl you told me about is staring at us," I mumbled to him when she gave me a dirty look when she registered that I had spotted her.

"So is Xander." He replied, moving closer towards me as he spoke. He gently took the red solo cup out of my hand and placed it on the cabinet beside us where his drink was. "Want to give them a show?" he asked, wiggling his brows at me.

My body turned closer towards him so that he could place his hand on my waist. His tall frame blocked me from seeing the girl's expression, but she was still probably looking in our direction.

"What about everyone around us?" We were at a party filled with our classmates. I knew what they were like and would hate for another rumour to pass around school about me.

Josh raised his hand, placing his index finger under my chin to lift my head up. My eyes darted around his face, taking in his handsome features, and spotted the devilish glint he had in his dark brown eyes. "Look around us, doll. They're involved in their own business."

I didn't turn my head to look at the other students because I trusted that he was telling the truth. I did, however, stand onto my tiptoes so that I could loop my arms around the back of his head and angled my head so that I could place a kiss onto his lips.

His body responded to my touch instantly as the hand on my waist moved to my back, pulling me in closer. His other hand tangled into my hair, but his movement was gentle. It was a slow kiss, opposite of what we were used to.

Our lips moved against each other softly, and the world around us seemed to slow down. Memories of what happened earlier flew out of my mind as this replaced them.

This felt different.

The kiss with Xander was hot and steamy, but this felt intimate.

I was the first to pull away, resting my forehead against his as our breaths mingled together. "What the hell was that?" I breathed.

The playful glint in his eyes was long gone, and instead, he was staring at me with a look I couldn't decipher. I didn't expect his following words to come out of his mouth, but mostly I didn't expect the way they made me feel.

"I think I'm catching feelings for you, doll."

I wanted to back away from him immediately. I couldn't do feelings, especially when we both agreed not to have them, but instead, I found myself having butterflies in the pit of my stomach. I hated myself for it.

How could I go from being angry at one guy for kissing me and then leaving me? But then be having butterflies with another an hour later?

My head felt confused as to why I was feeling like this, but the answer was simple. The kiss with Xander was derived from lust. He was my enemy, and kissing him was forbidden. On the other hand, Josh and I had been intimate with each other for over a year. We had only experienced fiery passion, which is why when we did switch it up and allow ourselves to be vulnerable with each other, it opened a new door for us.

It allowed me to feel things I told myself not to.

I replied to his words by placing another kiss on his lips. It was short and chaste, but it told him the words that I couldn't say. It did the talking for me, and it seemed to be enough for him, considering he was smiling widely at me.

The dimples in both his cheeks popped out as he looked down at me with warm eyes.

"Do you want to head upstairs?" I asked him, whispering so that no one could hear. I wanted more of those kisses that made my stomach flip. I wanted us to stay in a bubble of just us two, even if it was just for one night.

Josh nodded his head up and down as a yes, and I took that as a sign to wrap my fingers around his and pull him behind me as we made our way through the crowd. I almost forgot about the reason why we kissed in the first place until I spotted Xander's eyes on us.

I chose not to acknowledge him, only focusing on the boy behind me and worrying about everything else the next day.

And boy did I have a lot to worry about the next day.

A/N: Are you guys on team Josh or Xander?