4. Spiders..1

I woke up feeling alarmed and afraid, my senses enhanced as my breath hitched. I sensed something bad. 2 crows cawed in front of my cave, seemingly in distress. I looked around and noticed that everyone had left, but they left a small note telling me where to. I noticed the tear stains and immediately recognized the scent as Zenitsu's. Guess he didn't want to leave..heh. This isn't a laughing matter! I stood up and immediately took a single sip of the wine. 

I let out a loud sigh as I grabbed the bamboo flute and followed the crows. I looked up and hopped into a tree, jumping from branch to branch as the crows cawed frantically. Using my hands to grab a branch before pushing off with my feet, I jumped against the trunk of a tree and pushed forwards. I heard the trunk make a snapping sound behind me as I travel through the trees. The crows loud out a very frantic and loud caw as I heard a few small quick tweets from a sparrow nearby. I took a deep breath before jumping up and climbing up the tallest tree I could find. 

As I reached the top, I let out a low grunt before jumping into the air with as much force as I could muster. Looking around, I saw a river, and an open field-like area with a..floating house in it? Either way, I could sense the aura of a few strong demons. My eyes widened with fear as I looked down right below me and saw Inosuke frantically running away from a very large and bulky demon. Hes huge! Pull yourself together! I land back on the tree before positioning myself at a downward angle, preparing to launch myself down onto it at high speeds. Letting out a sigh, I pushed off of the tree and flew towards the demon, before crashing into its body and pushing it to the ground. 

I heard  a few raspy whimpers assuming they were coming from Inosuke. I panted and slowly stood up, leaning back a bit. "S-Stay back, Demon! Or I-I'll-" "Relax Inosuke. Its just me..(YN). You don't have to worry, Im here to help!" I walked out of the cloud of dust with a big smile on my face. I notice Inosuke loosen his guard a bit and let out a small groan. He seemed happy.I won't let him know that I know. "Heh! Alright, time to find t-" I was suddenly rammed into a few trees, my eyes bulging a bit as I coughed up a few drops of blood. "A-ack!" I grunted. The demon had changed shapes!? How!? God I should get my head in the game! I stood up and ran towards Inosuke...who also seemed to be bleeding profusely out of his mask? We'll deal with that later.

I bent forward as he took a shaky step back, which wouldn't do him any good. I let out a grunt as I slammed into Inosuke, wrapping my arms around his waist and tossing him over my shoulder as I ran away with him twitching in my arms. Man, I could tell he was in pain. "Be brave Inosuke! I know it hurts, but pull through!" I shouted as I landed in a tree, before pushing off and going into another. "S-shut up! Its just a scratch anyways! Q-quit babying m- Aack!" He coughed out a few drops of blood before going quiet. His vocal cords must be strained...poor guy..

I panted heavily before placing Inosuke in the top of a large tree. It had a space in the middle where he could rest his body comfortably. I took off my white kimono and wrapped it around as much of his body as I could. He sighed and loosened up a bit, seeming to accept what he was going through. I pulled my bamboo flute out of the pocket and began to play a few quick yet gentle notes on it. Inosuke twitched before turning to look at me, I heard him sniffle a bit. The colorful shades of red wrapped around his body and picked up his blood, before flowing into my nose. I seemed to be absorbing it?

It only picked up the blood that had already spilled out of him, and seemed to clean up the wounds while it happened. I pulled the flute away from my lips and let out a deep sigh. I saw Inosuke trembling in front of me, and I knew he was crying. he probably felt so much better. I smiled down at him before patting him on the head, causing him to quickly yank his head away. I chuckled a bit before suddenly stiffening  up. Zenitsu! And Tanjiro! Ack I've got to go find them! "Alright Inosuke! You rest up while I go and look for the other okay?! Stay safe boar boy!" I jumped off of the tree and panted heavily as the scent of poison invaded my lungs. 

Ack! Thats terrible! I covered my nose for a second before getting over it and letting out a deep breath. I looked to my right and noticed the open field from earlier, and what is...what is that thing!? WHAT KIND OF DEMON IS THAT!? DISGUSTING! I pulled my self out of my disgusted trance as I heard Zenitsu's soft whimpers a few feet away from me. He was holding a few strands of his hair in his hands, and he seemed to be poisoned. I could see the purple liquid flowing through his veins. He suddenly fell forward, his eyes going white. Is he dead!? Wait..hes sitting up..

Is he...sleep walking!? I saw him reach for his sword and get into a stance, preparing to attack. I shuddered and let out a few whimpers as I felt his strange aura. It caused me to fall to my knees and land outside of my bush protection. The demon turned to look at me, tilting its head in curiosity. I suddenly heard a loud thundering from in front of me, causing me to look up ahead. Zenitsu had perfectly sliced off a few of the demons legs. The demon seemed deathly afraid at this point. "Y-you!? Help me!You're a demon aren't you!?" He yelled as he dodged the attacks from Zenitsu. I smirked a little before shrugging my shoulders and watching as the demons head was sliced off. 

I let out a small gasp as the head rolled in front of me, slowly but surely beginning to melt away. "N-no...how.." it spoke out in a trembling voice. Picking up the head, I press it's forehead against my own, soon feeling the tears of the demon slide down my own face. I know they don't really want to do this. Some strings are being pulled somewhere. Not only that, but he was most likely forced into being a demon just as I was. "Its alright. You can have your eternal rest now." I pat its head as it whimpered. It seemed to smile at me with its eyes, before completely melting away. My heart ached a little, but I pulled myself together and gathered some of its ashes up into my pocket. I wanted to at least spread them somewhere that isn't traumatic. I sighed as I heard a quiet thud. 

Looking up above me, I noticed Zenitsu lying atop the house, which i now see was being held up by webs. I also saw someone land in front of him. They looked like a giant butterfly. Wait..a blade!? I've gotta go! Zenitsu should be fine. I ran away into the forest, feeling someones gaze behind me. I was being watched for a moment. Did they spot me!? Ah who cares!? I need to find Tanjiro...ASAP! 

*To be continued..*