Chapter 129

A/n: I'm not a doctor, i'm making stuff up because I can.

Don't come for me.

About a week had passed since Lucia had realized her intense feelings for Alice, and found out that the feelings were mutual. She felt like she was one of the luckiest people in the world, though that was anything but true based on the past events of her life.

Virgil had been worried about school, though with all the serial killers on the loose, school was canceled for a while. They had a few months left of school still.

They'd stayed with Alice's parents for a while, and felt like they were overstaying their welcome, though Lucia wasn't even sure that they were going to let them leave to be completely honest-

They also found out that the police had quarantined the whole town, so there wasn't really any use in going home anyways, because they wouldn't be able to. They were outside the town.

There were a bunch of murderous rapists loose, so it made sense.

Rose was finally out of the hospital too, so she and Jack were happier than ever, and everyone had filed back into their houses eventually, thinking they were safe.

Everything was going well and good, Virgil had just a few more months of high school.

He was glad he'd get a week off though—The looks he got, the glares, the fake sympathy.

Everyone in the school knew of his father, the abuse, the murders...it was horrible. He was even more of a social outcast, everyone was afraid that he'd start killing people.

So that was nice.

"Virgil, it's getting crazy over here!" Remus said over the skype call.

"Yeah, you can't even check the mail without being killed! This single mom went outside with her kid to get the newspaper, and she was strangled to death. Her child was kiddnapped, and presumably sold into the human trafficking program one of the prisoner's who escaped had done. I think her name was Helen?" Janus said.

"Oh my god-have any of them been caught?!" Virgil asked.

"Well," Logan began, "most of them have. Andrew and Raegan seem to be the only ones still in the area, the ones who weren't caught either drove away, or used a disguise to fly away."

"Jesus" Virgil groaned.

"Yeah! And get this babe" Remy said, taking a sip of his coffee for dramatic effect-"they released Roman from prison!"

"WHAT?!?" Virgil asked.

"I know! Apparently, he'd served enough time, and he couldn't be punished for his crimes because of how long ago it was! How stupid is that?!?" Remy yelled.

"Roman, apparently sweet talked them too, acted nothing like someone who'd beat people up or murder anyone. It's crazy, man."

"Oh!" Emile added, "Ram and Kurt are dead."

"...What?" Virgil whispered.

"That night-they hadn't gotten out of their cells in time. There was a fire, remember? They recovered their bodies, burned and scarred just last week."

"Oh my god" Virgil whispered, covering his mouth. He just couldn't believe it.

"That-that's horrible-are they holding a funeral for them?" Virgil asked.

"I don't think so. Their parents want nothing to do with them, and nobody knows where they are-oh! Found the website-Apparently, they'll be holding a service for all who want to attend though" Emile said.