CHAPTER 25

"Forgive? Riki, didn't you know how painful it is for me to live like this? DIDN'T YOU KNOW HOW I BADLY WANT TO LIVE AND ACHIEVE MY DREAMS?! DIDN'T YOU KNOW I SUFFERED WATCHING THE PEOPLE I LOVE GETTING HURT BECAUSE OF MY DEATH?! "

Riki shut his eyes tightly, tears pouring down his cheeks continuously as he listened to her, lashing out to him for the very first time.

It's alright though. He accept it because he deserve this. He deserves this treatment from the spirit. What he did was unforgivable despite his reasons. There is no valid reason from what he did.

It's okay. I'll let it in.

"I TRUSTED YOU RIKI. I fucking trusted you! "

Riki bit his lips. This is the first time he heard the other cussed... And to him. It hurts. But it's okay.

He deserves it anyway.

"I'm sorry. " Riki mumbled, shaking his head while clenching his fist from how regretful he is. "I'm so sorry. "

"Don't be fucking sorry! You must planned this, don't you? Living in this house to meet me and hurt me, how could be an asshole are you?! You probably laughed at me for how stupid I am for falling for you and to be happy with you!  "

Hearing this, Riki immediately shook his head vigorously. "No no no, I didn't. I just fou—"

"SHUT UP! I don't want to hear it! You disgust me. You fucking disgust me I hate you so much! "

Amber knew she shouldn't have said it. She should have sat down and calmed herself first and talk it out with the other. But she's just so angry, furious even and she felt betrayed. She's at the height of his emotions.

The person she trusted the most, cared the most was the reason why she suffered and is still suffering. The reason why she's living like this. Why she's nothing but a mere spirit.

He killed her. And it hurts.

At this moment, Amber didn't know what hurts her the most. Was it because she's dead and finally found out who killed her? Or was it because he is the one who killed her?

"N-no please don't say that. Y-you don't mean t-that " Riki begged, eyes meeting hers as his lips wobbled.

"You deserve to be in jail! You fucking should be in jail! "

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry p-please forgive me. I love you "

The spirit glared at him. Her eyes held nothing but rage mixed with betrayal and hatred. And Riki couldn't blame her for that. He deserves it but that doesn't mean it's less painful. Because it hurts.

So fucking much.

"Maybe if you turn yourself in, I'll forgive you. "

And with that, the spirit left, leaving him alone in the garden.

Riki gripped his hair and pulled it out of frustration as tears continuously streaming down his cheeks. He wanted to scream, but he couldn't because of the big lump in his throat.

Maybe if you turn yourself in, I'll forgive you.

Her voice rings inside his head.

Riki is scared but he knows the spirit is right. He should turn himself in, not because she said so but because she deserves justice.

If turning himself in could make her happy and be at peace, then he will. It's okay if she doesn't forgive him. All he wanted is for her to be happy.

For the spirit to be happy.