𝓡𝓾𝓷

Beep Beep Beep Beep

"Ugh", you groan waking up to the annoying sound of the alarm clock on your bed-side table. You get up and press the snooze button getting irritated of hearing the alarm sound. 5:50. 

You move around your new apartment in D.C SHIELD provided you after the one in New York got destroyed. You go to the bathroom and wash your face. After freshening up you throw on your workout clothes and head out for a run. 

As you near tour usual running spot you spot Sam jogging

"Sup, Samantha.", you greet as you jog over to him.

"Oh, I'm good frosty.", he said turning his head towards you.

"On your, left", you hear Cap say as he passes you both from the left.

"Oh, you're on!", you say and speed off catching up to him.

"So Cap, what do you say 13 miles race?", you say running side by side with him.

"Sure. I'm never one to back down from a challenge.", he said and increased his speed.

"On your left.", Cap again says as you both pass Sam.

"You know, I think you're just doing that to annoy him.", you say and he chuckled. You both pass Sam a few more times and everytime Cap never missed to say 'on your left'

"Uh-uh, on my left. Got it.", Sam said. You again pass him for what ust have been the tenth time. You couldn't really blame him since he was competing with two super soldiers.

"Don't say it! Don't say it!", he said as you neared him.

"On your left.", you say this time turning around and winking at him.

"Oh! Come on!",he says and gets angry and tries to catch up to him but only after a few seconds he's unable to carry and stops to rest.

You both finish your laps and go over to him.

"Need a medic?", Cap asked and you chuckled.

"I need a new set of lungs. Dude, you guys just ran like 13 miles in 30 minutes.", he said.

"13 miles in 29 minutes. And, for the record Cap. I won", you say proud.

"I guess, I got a late start.", Steve said.

"Oh, really? You should be ashamed of yourself. You should take another lap.", Sam said and paused before continuing. "Did you just take it? I assumed you just took it."

"Careful there Flappy Bird, sarcasm and humor is my department.", you joke and the other two chuckle.

"Do I wanna know?", Cap asked.

"Not really.", Sam replied.

"What unit you with?", Steve asked.

"58, Pararescue. But now I'm working down at the VA.", Sam said and held out a hand to shake. "Sam Willson"