fifteen - "Why do you keep confusing me?"

[ edited ]

Heeseung hummed a melody, looking at the bright blue sky. The birds were singing their song, dueting with his melody. He walked to the pavilion and saw his wife reading a book. He sighed and was about to turn around but decided that he needed to talk to her to clear a few things up.

Yeonbyul lifted her face from the book and frowned when she saw her husband walking towards her. He sat in front of her and saw her right foot that was wrapped with a bandage. He was about to take a closer look but she hid it, looking away.

"Were you hurt?" He asked worriedly. She scoffed, "Is it that obvious?"

"I'm trying to help you here. We need to clear the misunderstandings between us."

She glared at him and slammed her book close, "Misunderstandings? Heeseung, you chose that woman over me. I'm telling you the truth, I didn't shake the boat! If I did, I would've escaped from it earlier before it turned over."

"I know, " he mumbled. Her eyes widened and she grabbed him by his collar, "And you just let her embarrassed me in front of everyone?! You humiliated me, you jerk!"

He let her hit his chest continuously, letting her vent her anger out at him. She took a deep breath and fixed her posture, "You slapped me, accused me of something I didn't do, and you dare to show up in front of me."

Yeonbyul stood up before dusting off her shirt. She wiped the tear that escaped and cleared her throat, "I really hope you would leave me alone."

He stood up and grabbed her hand, stopping her from leaving him. He hugged her tightly from the back, "I'm sorry, Yeonbyul."

Her heart dropped from the sudden contact.

Sure, he hugged me for the first time.

But it doesn't feel warm like how Sunghoon hugged me.

It felt cold and I need to get away with it.

She pushed him away and pointed her finger at him, "Don't ever touch me again. I don't want your filthy hands touching me. Just use those hands to have sex with your mistress."

With that, she left the pavilion, feeling anger rising in her. She clenched her fists and gritted her teeth, cursing at the King internally.

゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚
┊         ┊       ┊   ┊    ┊        ┊
┊         ┊       ┊   ┊   ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩
┊         ┊       ┊   ✫
┊         ┊       ✩    
┊ ⊹       ✯

Haesun walked back and forth in the kitchen, waiting for her dad to arrive. The back door opened and Mr Kim walked in, holding a small packet of unrecognisable powder. She rushed towards her father, "Did you get it?"

"This is one of the rarest poison that has ever been made. The King's parents will come later during lunch to eat with His Majesty and his Queen Consort. Tell the chefs to put this into her drink. She would lose consciousness for a few hours before dying. Then he would have no choice but to marry you and you will be his Queen."

Haesun couldn't hide her smile and took the poison, "Thank you, dad. You know I could always count on you."

She stared at the poison powder and hummed a happy melody, searching for a chef that she could hire to poison Yeonbyul.

Hanseo watched as the mistress and her father talked about something. She couldn't hear them clearly but she was confused when Mr Kim handed a packet of white powder to the mistress. She tried to think of theories of what the two could plan.