sixteen - "I didn't know what was going on inside my head."

Mr Kim and the head chef walked, kneeling in front of the King. Yeonbyul glared at Haesun who was sitting on Heeseung's lap, probably acting like she was concerned about what happened. Yeonbyul stood in front of Mr Kim, telling the guards to make him stand up.

"Drink this, " she handed the cup to him. He shook his head no instantly, looking at her in fear. She scoffed and faced Heeseung, "You see here? There was something in the drink. And the person who gave me the poison is scared to drink it. This proves my point."

Haesun clenched her fists and gritted her teeth, worried for her father but she couldn't show her emotions. She would not let the Queen get her way. Yeonbyul looked at the guards, "Bring the minister to the execution room."

"Please, no, Your Majesty! I'm sorry! I made a big mistake! I-"

"You will not execute him without my permission!" Heeseung's angry voice made the room go silent. "What?" Yeonbyul asked in disbelief. He helped Mr Kim got up and told the guards to release Hanseo.

"You are forbidden to execute the father of my concubine. And you don't even have the right to execute someone without my permission. So don't act like you own the place."

The King took the drink and lifted the head chef's head before forcing him to gulp down to it. Yeonbyul's eyes widened, "No!"

The chef fell to the floor and coughed out blood before his face turned blue. Ms Han checked for his pulse and lowered her gaze, "The chef has passed away."

Yeonbyul grabbed her husband by the collar and punched him in the face, "You just killed an innocent person! How could you?! The minister already confessed that he did this!"

Heeseung grabbed her arm and gripped it tightly before glaring at her, "I already prove your point. You wanted to prove that the drink is poison and I did that for you. If I see you harm Haesun or her family members, I will be the one to execute you."

He stomped away from the throne room. Haesun glared at her before helping her father stand up. Yeonbyul watched as everyone left the room except Ms Han and Hanseo.

Her legs gave up and she fell to the floor, couldn't believe what just happened. She watched as the chef's body slowly became cold like an old corpse. Her husband just killed an innocent person. The real culprit even confessed but he killed the person that didn't know about anything.

"Your Majesty, are you okay?" Ms Han asked worriedly, kneeling next to her.

"He...killed the wrong person. Mr Kim tried to poison me! He was just there right in front of him! And he killed an innocent person!"

Hanseo hugged her, "Please calm down, Your Majesty."

゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩
┊ ┊ ┊ ✫
┊ ┊ ✩
┊ ⊹ ✯

Yeonbyul put on her mask and wore her hat, hiding at the corners of the buildings, watching as Mr Kim drunkenly walked out of the bar. She held her knife tightly, gritting her teeth in anger. She was about to attack him when a hand grabbed her by the waist and they both hid in the dark alley. Her eyes widened and she saw Sunghoon cupping her mouth, shushing her.

They both took a peek and saw Mr Kim went into a car with a beer in his hand. She took off her mask and hat before pushing him away, "You ruined my plan!"

She held the knife tighter and was about to chase after the minister's car but the prince held her hand tightly, stopping her again. She pointed the knife towards him, making him put out his hand as a sign of surrender.

"How dare you touch me?! I can do whatever I want. If the King won't execute him, I will do it myself. I can't let Haesun win!"

"There's another way from this, Your Majesty. Didn't I promise that I will protect you? I am doing that now. You just need to listen to me."

Yeonbyul slowly calmed down and dropped the knife. She leaned against the wall before sliding down, burying her face into her knees. Sunghoon squatted in front of her and lifted her face, "Let me take you home. And we'll discuss this with a cup of tea."

゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩
┊ ┊ ┊ ✫
┊ ┊ ✩
┊ ⊹ ✯

"His Majesty killed an innocent person to protect Mr Kim?!" Sunghoon asked in disbelief. Yeonbyul stared at the view outside from the window, drinking her tea.

"Haesun and Mr Kim crossed the line already. They made Heeseung into a monster. I must bring them down. Doesn't matter if I die or not. I want Heeseung to know their real intentions."

"I'll try to hire an investigator to stalk Mr Kim and make sure he doesn't plan anything that can harm you like what happened this afternoon."

He sighed as he looked at her staring at the view. Sunghoon walked towards her and sipped on his tea, "About Haesun. I want you to stay away from her. Now is her chance to harm you so stay away from her."

"If I have to bring her down, I'll make her suffer too. I can't just let her get away that easily."

He raised his eyebrows confusedly, "What?"

"I want you to dig up any dirty information of her. And we'll use that against her. I'm going to make her feel what I felt when she ruined my reputation."

"It would not be easy. Haesun is smart. I'm afraid that she'll find out what we're doing and would act first. Didn't His Majesty said he will execute you by himself?"

Yeonbyul put down her cup on the desk and folded her arms, closing her eyes tiredly. He sighed and held both of her shoulders, "Don't worry, Your Majesty. I'll do anything to stop Haesun and her father."

Her heart skipped a beat, seeing the prince's face so close to hers. She didn't know what was going on in her mind. She pulled him by the neck and pulled him into a kiss before closing her eyes, losing consciousness.