| thirteen ; caught

the shadow in the light

chapter thirteen; caught

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

"if the plan doesn't work, then change the plan. but never the goal."

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

"hi jin-woo," y/n said with a sarcastic voice, waving at him with a smile.

jin-woo anxiously smiled, waving back as he rubbed the back of his head. "h-hi y/n."

"great fight i saw," y/n added with a deadpan.

jin-chul immediately took cease of their reactions as he stepped in front of jin-woo, "we came from the association's monitoring division. the association is in charge of supervising hunter jin-woo and thus, this affair is top secret that can't be revealed to the public."

"once we leave the dungeon, we will provide you with an adequate explanation but please remain silent about the scene you've witnessed."

jin-chul's subordinates turned to jin-woo as they asked him, "we'll guide you out of here, sir. this is the best way to avoid any further complications."

"you've just shown power that far exceeds the s-rank clarifications in front of korea's top guild. if you have any questions, you can contact the association for more information. we'll help you leave this place quickly," jin-chul said.

"h-hold on!" ki-hoon's voice rang out. "if you truly have that much strength then the current situation is not strange. i won't ask why you volunteered as a porter. we were able to survive thanks to you, let me thank you on behalf of our attack force."

jin-woo turned around, looking down as he spotted the female healer. he chuckled and passed her the memo that contained her will, "since you survived, how about delivering the will to yourself?"

the healer laughed in embarrassment as she blushed, thanking jin-woo once more.

jin-woo nodded his head before looking in y/n's direction. he raised his hand at jin-chul before walking to y/n. she hummed and curiously looked up at him.

"oh, don't forget to make an appearance when i'm announced as korea's eleventh s-rank hunter," jin-woo said with a grin.

y/n grinned back as she looked at him proudly, "i won't forget the announcement of my favourite hunter in the universe, other than hae-in of course."

he laughed in response, ruffling her hair. y/n grumbled as she tidied her hair once again. she turned to look at hae-in who already had a teasing grin on her face.

"see you tomorrow jin-woo," she said and waved at him.

"see you."

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

y/n yawned as she stretched her arms, stepping out of her car. baek-hyun had gone out on a family trip so she had to drive by herself.

just then, go gun-hee stepped out of the building. y/n smiled as she knew that he had already detected her presence.

"are you ready for the announcement?" he asked her.