Chapter XXIII

Lauren bit her lip, waiting for Camila patiently as she slowly walked out compound. They were supposed to get lunch together, but Camila was taking longer than expected. She usually waits for the brunette for approximately 15 minutes, but it's been 30 minutes and no sign of Camila.

Impatient, Lauren went up to the classroom where Camila was, bumping into one of her classmates in the process.

"I'm sorry." Lauren apologized.

"It's fine, Lauren." The red head smiled.

"Is she still inside?" Lauren asked.

"Camila?" Abigail asked, to which Lauren nodded.

"Bro, we got out like 20 minutes ago." Abigail said, which made Lauren look at her in confusion.

"Are you serious?" Lauren asked.

"Deadly." Abigail said.

"Thanks then." Lauren mumbled, walking away in disappointment and confusion.

"Where could she be?" Lauren quickly got her phone, checking if there was a message from her, but there was none. The raven tried calling her, but it was unattended.

"Laur, it's 1:30 Where are you?"

"Damn it." Lauren mumbled, closing her phone and walking along the hallways.

Her class was at 1:40 pm, and she still hasn't eaten lunch nor seen the brunette. Lauren was only free for a 50 minute lunch break, and 15 minutes of that are always spent waiting for Camila's period to finish, with the rest to spare for lunch and her running towards her next class.

Passing the corridors, her thoughts were fogged with the possibilities of where Camila could be. She ran up the stairs, avoiding every student possible as she rushed towards her next class.

"You've got to be kidding me." Lauren cursed to herself.

"There you are!" Vero chuckled, looking at the raven who was standing by the pathway, literally just a few feet away from the door of her next classroom.

Everything she was feeling disappeared as her eyes landed on a pair of students laughing and munching on their sandwiches as they got out of the library.

"Lauren?" Keana called a bit loudly, following the gaze Lauren had. Lauren's expression was indescribable, her eyes locked on her favorite pair of brown ones. Once the same smiling pair locked eyes with her, the raven's expression went cold.

Without another word, Lauren diverted her gaze away, she entered her classroom, not even letting the brown-eyed brunette speak up. She felt like an idiot waiting for someone, who was already having lunch with another green-eyed person.

"You okay?" Vero asked, while Lauren remained silent looking out the window with her arms crossed.

"Please tell me you ate lunch?" Keana asked, still no answer.

-----

"I found her." Normani said, pointing towards the campus tables by the tree.

Dinah sighed, Camila was nodding and smiling as she looked at Harry. While the older one kept on talking about something that got the brunette interested.

"Lauser." Dinah whispered, her eyes landing on the raven walking towards them.

"Can I trust to you to take Camila home?" Lauren asked, looking at Normani then Dinah.

"Of course, but I didn't bring my car." Normani said.

"Thanks, I'll get going." Lauren mumbled, hugging the duo.