Chapter 44

It was a Sunday, Estella had packed up all her things and advised her staff before she bid farewell. They all had a group hug and Estella hopped back into the beam of light and returned to the academy rooftop. She had transformed back into Charlotte's body after arriving.

She went down the steps from the rooftop then back into her dorm room where she saw Huston. Huston asked from the sofa,

"Where did you go?"

"I went to visit somewhere, now I'm back. I need to unpack since classes are gonna reopen tomorrow."

Charlotte went to her room and unpacked her things and jumped onto her soft bed. She was exhausted.

A knocking sound rung her ears and she shouted, "come in!" The person opened the door and jumped onto Charlotte hugging her. It was Ain, he had missed her after not seeing her for a week since he was also busy visiting his family as well.

They were now cuddling in a comfortable position where Charlotte's face was against his chest and his head was on top of hers laying sideways on her bed.

They spent a few hours on her bed napping. Charlotte arose from her bed, she felt a grumble from her stomach as her hunger intensifies. Charlotte hasn't been taking care of her own body since she always used divine power to cover it up.

Ain had woken up from the sudden movement of Charlotte and agreed to head down for some cake and tea.

They were at their own private table with jasmine tea and strawberry shortcake. Ain opened,

"Hmm, so have you decided what you're gonna do after graduation?"

"Well, since I've been exposed as a goddess already I might go back to the god realm and spend my time there ruling again."

Ain dropped his fork he was using, he paused for a second and Charlotte noticed.

"Hm? Are you surprised? I mean aren't you a god yourself, you can come too right?"

"Ah, well yeah."

They finished eating, Charlotte went back to her dorm to sleep as class starts tomorrow.

-

It was the next morning and they had already went to class. They were surprised it wasn't professor Hemsworth teaching them.

"Hello students, I'm Professor Elden. I am the former captain of the first imperial knight order. I have retired and is gonna start teaching you all for the rest of the rest. Professor Hemsworth has decided to resign as his health was in the red for now."

The students were confused but accepted him as the new professor.

"So, does anyone want to volunteer themselves and spar with me?"

No one spoke, it was complete silence. Some students turned to Charlotte's direction and she just looked at them with a confused expression.

"You." The professor pointed at Charlotte.

"Me?"

"Yeah you."

-

"Professor don't!" Someone exclaimed from the crowd.

"Hm? Interesting. Is this woman over here a weakling?"

He sure has guts to say that about me when he hasn't even fought.

"No... I'm just afraid for your well being. You might die." The student added.

The professor was shocked from his comment, he turned to face Charlotte and flames were in her eyes. She was pissed.

"It's on."

She declares and takes out her sword. She was ready to destroy this ignorant and arrogant professor.

Students were watching in excitement while the two stepped in the battle field. The battle commenced. The professor charged at Charlotte with maximum speed while enhancing his mana energy, infusing it into his sword. His aura was also leaking while at it.

Charlotte stood their calculating his speed and mana energy. As the professor was about to hit Charlotte she quickly slid under and caught him off guard and knocked his back with the sword's surface so it didn't pierce into his body. The professor fell down and Charlotte pointed her sword to his neck.

The students cheered for Charlotte's Victory.

"Don't underestimate someone when you haven't fought them." Charlotte glared at the professor then walking away to get water.

"Nice going there Char!" Huston said.

"He was boring and weak. I don't understand how he got to be a professor with that attitude anyway." She said while gulping down water.

"Let's get to lunch now, I'm bored and hungry."

They walk to lunch and grabbed their food to their table, a professor was showing Professor Elden around the academy and he spotted Charlotte. He went up to her angrily,

"Hey you!"

"..."

Charlotte ignored him and continued eating while staring at Huston, giving him an irritated signal.

"Did your parents not teach you how to respect elders?"

I'm older than you, you hag.

The professor suddenly swung a punch to Charlotte, everyone was startled. Luckily, Charlotte stopped it in time. Charlotte lifted him and threw him to the ground.

"Look, I really don't care if your the captain of the first imperial knight order. To me, that is nothing. Just because you're a captain doesn't mean your allowed to have that egoistic attitude, humble yourself."

Charlotte went back to her seat and ate while another professor dragged Professor Elden's body away.

"Damn, since when were you this cool?" Huston asked jokingly.

"When am I not." Charlotte said smirking.

-

The two finished their meals and went to the student council room. Ain was already sitting on the chair waiting for them,

"I heard what happened to the new professor."

"Eh. It was his fault."

"It sure was interesting indeed. Shall we discuss about today then?"

"Alright."

The three sat and discussed about certain things and went to scout the area like usual.