seventeen - "I will make you suffer."

Yeonbyul groaned and stretched herself as she woke up from her deep slumber. She sat up and yawned before looking at the couch. Sunghoon was sleeping soundly, hugging himself. She looked at him in surprise before bringing a blanket and putting it on him.

She kneeled in front of him and stared at his face, examining his features. She smiled softly as she traced the moles near his eyes. His hand grabbed hers out of the blue and he opened his eyes, "Do you remember what happened last night?"

She looked at him, confused, "What happened?"

It was true she didn't remember anything. She took a lot of sleeping pills that she lost consciousness. And the chamomile tea that she drank last night wasn't helping also. It just made her more sleepy. Because of the pills, she couldn't remember what happened.

"You don't remember?" He asked. He sat up and held the blanket around him tighter, "You did something to me. Can't you remember?"

"I can't, unfortunately. Can you explain what I did last night?" She asked, still confused about what he was trying to say. He smirked, he thought she was playing a game to get him to kiss her back.

"You really want to know?" He smirked. Yeonbyul tried to think for a while, What did I do to him last night?

He pulled her from the back of her neck and kissed her. Her eyes widened and her brain was trying to pull away but her body wouldn't budge. He pulled away and scoffed, "You did that. You pulled me by the neck and kissed me before falling asleep."

"I did?!"

"You don't remember?" Now it was Sunghoon's turn to be confused. She stood up and thought for a while, "I took lots of sleeping pills last night so I can't remember. I did that?! I kissed you?!"

The prince groaned and got off the couch, "I'll wait for you at the dining hall."

He walked out of the room, leaving her with her stressful thoughts. She tried to remember whether she kissed him or not. It would be impossible for her to start the first move. She also swore to herself she wouldn't cheat on Heeseung and be like the man he is.

Hanseo walked in with a floral dress, "Your Majesty! You must wear this today!"

She turned around and took the dress from Hanseo. It was given by Heeseung on their first anniversary. The time where she was madly in love with him. After what he did to her, she wasn't sure if she was still in love with him. But she doesn't want him to get hurt because of Haesun.

"Why must I wear this thing?" She asked out of annoyance. Hanseo gulped, "It's your birthday today. Isn't it?"

"I forgot about it! My dad must be waiting for my appearance right now. Is he here?"

"He's at the dining hall with His Highness, Prince Sunghoon."

Yeonbyul widened her eyes, No! He can't be with the Prince. Who knows what the prince would say!

゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩
┊ ┊ ┊ ✫
┊ ┊ ✩
┊ ⊹ ✯

The Queen took a deep breath before letting the guards open the dining hall door. Sunghoon was laughing with Mr Park, cracking up jokes and talking about his childhood stories. She smiled and watched them for a while, spacing out.

"Yeonbyul?" Her father called, waking her up from her thoughts. She chuckled and took a seat across them, "You seem to be having fun talking with His Highness."

"His Highness have a great sense of humour. I enjoyed my time with him while waiting for you."

Yeonbyul waited as the chef served her breakfast. She looked around, "Is Heeseung joining?"

The butler cleared his throat and leaned towards her to whisper, "He left to the royal villa with Lady Haesun, Your Majesty."

Her smile faded and she nodded before feeding herself some food. Mr Park sighed and gave a piece of meat to her, putting it on the plate, "Cheer up, Yeonbyul. I'll be staying here and spend time with you before I leave for work at the West."

She smiled, "Great, father! You and Sunghoon should be getting to know each other. He has been such a great friend to me."

Sunghoon chuckled, "Your daughter is a wonderful person, Mr Park."

She blushed at the comment and poked her food, maintaining her normal expression. Mr Park smiled, sensing the tension in the room. He had a gut that Prince Sunghoon may have a little crush on his daughter. His smile faded and he faced his daughter, "Yeonbyul, I need to tell you something. It's about Mr Kim and his daughter."

Yeonbyul nodded and took out her phone before playing the voice recording sent by Mr Choi. She sighed, "I knew about his plan. He also tried to poison me. I tried to execute him after that and made him confess. But Heeseung wouldn't let me do it and he killed an innocent chef. He let that damn man and his daughter go."

Mr Park looked at her in disbelief, "He did what?! How could he kill an innocent person?! Isn't that against the rules?"

"Unfortunately, the King can execute anyone he wants. This is bad because if a cruel person takes over the throne, the Kingdom would be at risk. Luckily, Heeseung isn't that cruel but he isn't that smart either. We must take down Mr Kim and Haesun and make Heeseung realise what the two are planning, " Sunghoon explained.

"I'm tired of being quiet and not doing anything. I am not going to hide my anger anymore. I want to bring them down so badly. And I don't care if they die or not, " Yeonbyul clenched her fork. Mr Park sighed, "I'll help you. I'll gather all the information on Mr Kim and Lady Haesun. I need you to stay silent and never show any signs of anger. Those two could find out what we're planning. Don't even tell anyone at this palace. We can't trust anyone anymore."

"Alright, dad."

The door opened and revealed a man in black. He bowed at the Queen and her father before walking towards the Prince. He handed a file and an envelope. Sunghoon opened it and his eyes widened.

"What is it?" Yeonbyul asked curiously.

"It's a form from the hospital. Haesun is pregnant."