❥ 20. Asawa

Asawa (Noun)

consort, spouse; a gender neutral term for the person to whom one is married with

♡♡

🎶 Aabaad Barbaad (Ludo)

There are moments in life when we wish the time could slow down, the every passing second could freeze or better move on a snail’s pace rather running like a hare

There are moments in life when we wish the time could slow down, the every passing second could freeze or better move on a snail’s pace rather running like a hare. The ticking clock is enough to shake the unsettled anxiety and all the overwhelming emotions one tries so hard to box but this idiot time had to turn into a rocket the moment you wish for otherwise.

The ever ticking of second hand and the lazy hour hand both have seems to be running as the time to Marriage was finally here.

Mahira fidgeted, her fingers playing with her fingers as the car took another turn and her breath shortened. She could hear the indistinct chatters around her, the traffic horns blaring and the soft music playing inside the car.

She swallowed for nth time in the past hour, she glared at the closed windows as the AC blarred in the car, she felt suffocated but she reminded herself that all of this is her nerves, nothing else.

“Just say a word Mahi, We can run away from here. We can go for a trip out of here. You don’t have to get married” Vandita said earning scoffs from others.

It sounded so tempting all of a sudden.

But then could she break his trust or cheat him when it was her who stepped up to help him ?

Mahira masked a smile “No”

“You need to stop scheming this V. We are nearly at his place” Sakshi shot her a stink eye.

“I still don’t like him” Vandita stated.
“Ain’t it great that it’s Mahi who’s getting married to him and not you ?” Sakshi said in mocking.

“Shut up Verma”

“Enough babies, We’re here” Ayaan announced.

Sakshi grumbled under her breath, pushing the door open before Ayaan could reach her. She poked her tongue out at him and stepped away from the door.

Vandita also jumped out from the passenger side.

“It’ll all be good Mahi” Yusra touched her palms she didn’t know were shaking.

Mahira tried to smile again for her, nodding her head in affirmation.
She rubbed her palms along the soft fabric of her Saree, the white and golden silk following down her left shoulder, fabric pinned with her Red blouse.

She smoothened her hairs and tucked a falling strand behind the ear, finger tips touching her low bun. She blinked nervously, encouraging herself.

They all got inside the lift and then to his floor number. She was at ease that she didn’t had to meet any stranger, no strange glances.