21

link: spoti.fi/38ArYMx
THINK ABOUT ME | FLEETWOOD MAC
VALENTINE | SUKI WATERHOUSE
YOUR POWER | BILLIE EILISH
ROBBERS | THE 1975

TW | MENTIONS OF MENTAL HEALTH & SUIC*DE

    "Why are we doing this again?"

    "Harry, seriously?" She huffs while closing the overhead mirror and flipping the visor back up once she was done checking her makeup.

    "What . . .?" He draws out through his small smile, one hand wrapped around the steering wheel with the other comfortably clasped with her own. "I fuckin' hate skating, J. You know that." He grumbles under his breath, simply because he knows Josephine's going to make him shove a pair of smelly skates on only to bust his ass on the rink again. It was partially his fault, considering his ability to tell her no was practically nonexistent, but still.

    "I know you hate skating, but firstly . . . I don't really care," She deadpans, sending his eyes rolling as she continues, "and secondly, we're doing this for Alice, so stop wining like a little baby."

    "But Alice is your friend." He points out, although it's not a valid enough reason to completely turn the car around to go back home and he knows it, but he was in an argumentative mood and not even Josephine could fix that.

    "Well . . . then just think of it as a nice little favor for me, yeah?" She smiles but his lips don't do the same, dreading the skating too much as he clenches his jaw and continues to drive. "And stop pouting like a baby, you're acting like I'm dragging you to your own death or something."

    "Might as fuckin' well be." He mumbles and she scoffs, turning to look at him with shock electrifying her eyes, and suddenly, she rips her hand out of his own.

    "If it's that big of a deal, then just drop me off and go home." She tells him, and while he had no issue turning around and going back home, he would only do that if she were in the car too, not if she were dropped off somewhere with Alice and some random guy she was going on a date with.

    "No." He tells her, leaning over to grab her hand again, only tighter this time so she can't let go. Her hand is limp in his clutches, she stares at him scoldingly with her face stoic, and he sighs, giving in to her. "Fine, I'll stop pouting, now would you . . ." He says to her while squeezing her hand, and when she finally grabs his hand back he looks ahead at the road, spotting the skating rink down the road.

When they finally arrive and park in the parking lot, he keeps her hand in hers as they make their way inside, and after glancing around the room for Alice, she quickly finds her stood at the counter with Will to get their skates. The formalities are exchanged, introductions are made, and every time he made a small comment or sighed too loudly, she would squeeze his hand, as if she was trying to hurt him, but it never hurt, only sent him smirking to himself. The guy, Will, wasn't as bad as he assumed when hearing he was being dragged on some kind of double date with Alice, but he still didn't like skating and he still thought that they could have gone anywhere else and it would have been more entertaining.

As soon as they got their skates, they sat on one of the benches to put them on, despite how much he didn't want to, but he told himself he was only skating for ten minutes, fifteen minutes tops, and that would just have to work for her. Josephine makes conversation so easily, and he can too when he wants to, but she was such a people person and he's reminded of it in situations like these. Selfishly, he almost doesn't like it, wishing that he could have her to himself, but he knew that wasn't achievable, so he keeps his thoughts to himself and ties up the roller skates, hoping to every God out there that he doesn't break a bone or something.