chapter fifty three: a splitting of paths

(Y/n) POV~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Karl...you smiled at me when you walked in, and for once in my life, that smile felt ominous...but i never felt better when i saw it.

"Heisenberg, tell me what this is about, i command you!"
Miranda scowls, karl buckles down laughing, before glaring at Miranda with a toothy grin.

"You command me? With hundreds of my Lycans surrounding you, you decide to command me?? That's fucking rich...!"
Karl cackles.

"WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS?!"
Miranda yells...the walls begin to move as a blackish grey sludge surrounds the church floor.

"You have tormented me for YEARS, what the fuck do you think this is about?!"
Karl shouts.

"I have raised you to be your best self, do not take your anger out onto your Mother!"
Miranda growls.

Karl's hand raises into the air, and a large hammer flies into it...made entirely of gears and rusty metal.

"You are not a Mother, not to me or any of your other experiments. Im going to fuck you up, and then im going to burn this entire fucking village to the ground."
Karl says.

"Heisenberg! return to your factory this ins-"
Miranda is cut off by a piece of metal...striking her from the air, Karl grins at the sudden impact.

"Listen here, Bitch, im beyond fucking tired of you being that little devil in my head every single day, you deserve what's coming to you."
Karl growls.

The windows break and the door crumbles down farther, the monsters i had escaped from seem to flood into the church, in instinct, i wrap my arms around Ben tightly and back away from where they're all coming from.

"NOW DIE LIKE THE SICK FUCK YOU ARE!!"
Karl yells, the monsters roar and growl, charging towards Miranda.

A large amount of feathers come from around Miranda, and the church sprouts...roots? Large dark roots puncture the walls from the ground and wrap around Miranda, when they move farther...what's there doesn't look like Miranda anymore, it looks scarier than a monster.

"YOU HAVE DOOMED YOURSELF, YOU FOOLISH MAN!"
What remains of Miranda shouts, bearing claws larger than her head.

I run out of the church, escaping the outbreaking war...the remaining monsters are all fixated on the church, as i slowly and cautiously walk by them, they all walk to the church..paying no mind to me.

"This is...so strange.."
I mumble.

I continue to walk, staring down all the monsters that walk, run, or limp towards the church behind me, the cold of the snow and the fear of them realizing im here is taking a toll on me..

"(Y/N)?! (Y/N), ITS REDFIELD!"
A voice screams from the flood of monsters.

"Redfield...?"
I mumble.

"WHERE ARE YOU?! THE CHURCH IS OVERRUN, FORGET MIRANDA AND GET OVER HERE!!"
Redfield yells.

"im trying, where are you..?"
I ask.

"GO TO MY VOICE! BACKUP IS COMING!!"
Redfield shouts...backup, we're really leaving...wow..

"Im..."
I stop mid sentence...we're really leaving..

I thought I'd be happier, saving Ben and going back to my home...why do i feel shitty? Is it because im leaving the village behind? Or...is it cause im leaving Lady Dimitrescu and Karl behind..?

"Im...leaving..."
I mumble, slowing down and eventually standing still.

...is Redfield true to his word? Will he be able to help Ben and save us? Or is he lying to get me to go with him? If he is, and i go...Ben would probably die...is it worth the risk? To leave without completely knowing it'll work?

"...we're leaving.."
I say, looking at Ben..still asleep...

Im Caught in the middle of the storm...i don't know what to do...i can't escape, and i can't save him, not without help...who can i trust to protect me now?

Karl is in what remains of the church, and he seemed like he wasn't angry at me anymore...but he could still be angry, and that could be really dangerous to take a chance with..

Lady Dimitrescu may still be in her castle with her daughters...i know she'd help me in a heartbeat...but who knows how she'll react if i come at her door after escaping and breaking her window.

Redfield had promised to get me out, and he's probably still here somewhere...but where would he take me? He said he was looking for me, was he sent to take me?

Miranda...she said she knew how to save Ben, but I'm not sure if that was the truth, or manipulation...

Im more conflicted than I've ever really been...both my life and a small childs life depend on who i choose, and choosing the wrong one could kill him, or both of us...how could i know who to choose?