*First date*

November 10th, 1991

After Iris's first quidditch match of the year against Hufflepuff, it was finally time for the first Hogsmead trip that year. Iris was fussing over what to wear for her first date with Anthony, occasionally getting the idea of ditching him after their 'friendly' match the other week. 

"Miiikkkaaaa!" Iris whined, it was the third time she thought of ditching the date. Mika groaned. "Iris no, you are going on that date whether you like it or not!" Mika picked out a bracelet for her. Iris grumpily put it on. Pouting like a child, she said, "It's not fair though, I have to buy him a butterbeer, can't you do it for me?" Mika rolled her eyes. "It's not my fault you betted over something and you overestimated yourself. Now stop acting like a child! I've got a date in ten minutes as well." Iris stuck her tongue out. Sure one reason she didn't want to see Wheeler today was that she was upset about the outcome of last week's match, but it was also the uncomfortableness in her belly that made her want to stay inside her room and eat rubbish. She had already changed her clothes three times because she was self-conscious of her looks. Just thinking about the boy made her blush. Iris wondered what happened to the independent strong girl she usually was. 

"Iris let's go! we are already late!" Mika grabbed her arm as she pulled them downstairs to the great hall. Rushing to put the last bit of lip gloss on, Iris panicked as they neared the front doors. Her mind went foggy as she let Mika drag her to their destination, which was a poor choice when they ran into Percy. With a disapproving look on his face. "Watch where you're going! Hogwarts grounds are not for running and jogging! I'll say 5 points from each of your houses!" The punishment made Mika stop and look at who was talking, Iris felt another fluttery feeling in her stomach when she heard his voice. "5 points? Seriously Weasley?" Mika asked. Percy straightened his back. "Yes, Swan. I'm afraid, even though we are in the same house, rule-breaking will not be tolerated. Where are you rushing off to anyways? The Hogsmeade carriages don't leave for another 10 minutes!" Percy said but noticed that Iris was quieter than usual. When he looked more closely, she looked somewhat different, more mature perhaps? Her skin tone was even, her eyes looked bigger, and her face was symmetrical. Her long blond hair that usually was straight and down, was curled and in a neat low bun. She was wearing a skirt, not the ones they wore in the uniforms and a nice top and jacket over top. Percy could almost smell something sweet, like the scent of freesias and rain. This was the type of girl Percy would imagine being with. Proper posture, neat and tidiness. Yet for some reason, Percy preferred Iris the way she was. Normally, he would criticize her laziness in clothing, or the messiness in her hair, but now that she saw her in the way that he believed was perfect, it felt unhuman-like. 

Shaking the thought out of his head like a beater would a bulger, he braced himself for a possible answer that he didn't really want to hear. Mika scoffed, both her and Iris unaware of what Percy was thinking. "Doesn't matter Weasley! Now excuse us so we can meet up with our dates! It was very unpleasant talking to you!" Mika grabbed Iris's arm again and ran off. "Merlin, can you believe him?" Mika asked, not expecting an answer. Iris gave her a side glance but felt just a bit defensive for the redhead. She brushed the feeling off as they approached the outdoors. Iris could see Anthony who was waiting patiently by the gates. "There you are! I thought you ditched me or something." Anthony said, putting on a lazy grin. Iris smiled foolishly and walked over to Anthony. "Why would I do that?" Iris said, leading him to the carriages. "well, we did kick your arse last week in the match, though you'd be upset and not want to go with me today." He opened the door for her, letting Iris climb into the carriage. Iris rolled her eyes, "I'm a big girl, a game won't stop me from going on a date." Anthony grinned at her, leaning back and resting his arm around her. 

"Well, that's good to hear. Now I'm really looking forward to that Butterbeer." Iris laughed as the carriage took them away to the small village. They stopped by nearly everywhere, Anthony insisting on letting him pay for everything. Iris felt a little bad, she cut the amount of sugar she would normally get at honeydukes, well also the fact that she was embarrassed by the amount of sugar she would normally consume. She let him lead her around town, patiently waiting for him when they went to the quidditch shop. The final shop was at the three broomsticks, it seemed, that it was a popular destination for people near the end of the day. Iris felt that they were lucky that they even got a table, which was coincidentally privately blocked around. Iris had a tugging feeling that Anthony had set it up, but she didn't want to confront him. She didn't mind sitting in their own booth, but she would admit that she didn't really feel like she was in a pub. If Iris were to reflect on their day today, she would say she didn't have the most exciting fun she'd ever had, but she'd also never been on a date, and the butterflies in her stomach seemed to be distracting her from her 'boring' day.

"So," Anthony said, while sipping his butterbeer, "Harry's your cousin I take it." She now had her full attention on him. She had a feeling this topic would come up. "Yeah, he is. He's almost like my little brother, you know?" The boy across from her nodded. "Yeah, I can see how close you guys are. I still can't believe you're related. And when I watched him at the Slytherin-Gryffindor match, I have to say, I'm impressed." Iris smiled at him, "Yeah, I'm surprised too, when he was younger, he could barely catch a ball. He wasn't even the greatest a sports either, always got picked last for softball, poor thing." Anthony furrowed his eyebrows, confused at the term 'softball'. The realization hit her when she didn't get a reply. She hastily explained the muggle sport to him, and then quickly dismissing it calling it 'not exciting'. She picked up today that Anthony didn't really like stuff he didn't know, therefore most of the conversation was based on him. Changing the topic, Anthony cleared his throat. 

"Well Iris, I think it's almost time for us to go back, but I want to say that I had fun today, and I'm hoping that maybe we could do this more often, but maybe with you as my girlfriend?" It was one of the smoothest ways Iris could imagine being asked, but she still blushed maniacally. Her gaze was anywhere but his face, and she bit the inside of her lip nervously. "I -uh, I enjoyed today too!-" She squeaked out. "And I'd love to be your girlfriend." When she finally met his eyes, she saw him smile, and lean forward. Iris's heart picked up its pace by about 100km, she stood there frozen. In a fraction of a second, her mind exploded with uncertainties. Did her breath smell bad? Did she have to turn her face? How was she supposed to do this? Her brain seemed to melt however, when his lips connected with hers. She could smell his musky scent of cologne and wood, probably from quidditch. It was just a short kiss, but iris had never felt lighter. She didn't even know what she did, but she didn't see dis-satisfaction on anthony's face. Iris knew her face was still burning, but she disregarded it. "Shall we go then?" Iris nodded, and packed up her stuff, unfortunately a bit clumsily. She mantally smacked her forehead when Anthony bent over to pick up her glove, giving her his signiture wink when he gave it to her. From her mouth, the most un-Irishly giggle came out. "Well then, let's go, my girlfriend." Iris grabbed onto his arm, and walked out the door with him. 

The realization just hit her, she was Anthony Wheelers girlfriend, and she wasn't sure how she felt.