Reality

A/N: B/N = brother's name

Also... been gone for a while 😬 no excuses, however, I don't like how my recent writing has been because of the lacking of motivation to finish this story, so I'll try to improve it
———
AHEM AHEM AHEM Sokka coughs loudly as he lies in his sleeping, shivering. We made a pit stop at a stony hillside because of his worsening fever.

"This should help with you fever." I press a wet cloth to his forehead.

"You know what I love about Appa the most? His sense of humor." Sokka giggled.

"That's nice, I'll tell him." Katara walked over and held the wet cloth against his forehead as I walked over to the edge of the abandoned building we took refuge in.

"How's Sokka doing?" Aang walk towards us after finishing exploring the building.

"Not so good." I turned around, "that storm really did a number on him." Sokka continues to profusely shiver.

"I couldn't find any ginger root for the tea, but I found a map." Aang pulled out the map and laid it open on the floor. "There's an herbalist institute on the top of that mountain." He pointed outside the building and towards a mountain in the distance, "We could probably find a cure for Sokka there."

"Aang, he's in no condition to travel. Sokka just needs more rest. I'm sure he'll be better by tomorrow." Katara coughs extensively after finishing her reply.

"Not you too."

"Relax, it was just a little cough. I'm fin-" She continues to cough.

"Ok, here's what we're gonna do, Aang you go search for a cure while I stay behind to take care of both Katara and Sokka." I finish taking in the view outside and walk towards them.

"No, I can go with Aang as well." Katara suggested.

"No you can't, coughing is how Sokka started yesterday, now look at him, he thinks he's an earthbender." I look towards Sokka who was fighting an imaginary rock.

"Soon you'll be talking nonsense, too." Aang stood up, "I'm going to find some medicine." He walks to the edge and leaps down to the ground.

"Y/N, please... water." Sokka's hoarse voice sounded painful.

"We're out of water." I grabbed the waterskin, "Hold out until I come back from the river." Both Katara, who started to shiver in her coat, and Sokka nod. I leap down the building onto the ground and start running alongside a path, while using my airbending to make me go faster than wind until I reach the river. I bend down with my hands on my knees and pant while simultaneously coughing. 'This is seriously contagious.' I kneel down and fill the waterskin up. 'It's probably best to walk back.'

As I make my way back, the coughing gets progressively worse. I glance down at the floor for a second and see snow and do a double take. 'Snow?' I look up at the nearby trees and see them wither as the snowy weather starts to spread as far as my eye can see. I shook my head aggressively and everything returns to normal.

"This fever is definitely dangerous. I better hurry back before I start hallucinating again." I walk for a good 4 minutes until the snow hallucination comes back.

"Y/N." I turn around towards the source of the sound.

"Who's there!?" I look around, but no one is here. I slap my forehead and the hallucinations stop. "Whatever, I better book it." I start running back towards the building, again—accelerating myself with my bending until I reached the place. I leaped up from the ground onto the edge.

"Y/N~~" Sokka weakly coughed out.

"Water" Katara asked and I could hear the dryness of her throat. I kneel down beside her and help her drink water from the waterskin and then do the same for Sokka.