𝐪 𝐮 𝐚 𝐫 𝐚 𝐧 𝐭 𝐞 - 𝐝 𝐞 𝐮 𝐱

Getting back to the house after their family time in the forest, Madelyn and Nathaniel were surprised to see the pack and the Cullens sitting together, most of them talking while Alice and Seth played chess. The pixie-like vampire was more than happy to play with someone she couldn't predict his every move. The teacher cleared his throat.

"Irina was in the forest," Nathaniel spoke, making everyone look at him in question. The pack knew who she was as they heard about the scene the woman caused at their sister's wedding. Carlisle frowned. It was unusual for the Denali to come to Forks unannounced. "She ran before we could talk to her."

"That's odd, she wouldn't have come here only to leave when she saw you guys. Did something happen?" Esme wondered.

"I'll call Tanya," Carlisle got up and came back only a few minutes later. "She convinced Irina to come reconcile with us."

"I don't understand why she would leave only after seeing us," Madelyn stated, staring at her hands while she was fiddling with the flower crown Aiden gave her a few minutes before. Before anyone could add something, Alice's gasp startled them. Edward's eyes widened as he watched the vision with her. 

"Irina decided to go to the Volturi soon. They will come for us," Edward shared a worried look with Luca, who was frowning. 

"What did she see for her to make that decision?" Rosalie frowned as well, sitting besides Madelyn.

"We were just walking back to the house, she probably saw me shifting and Nate and Aiden were running around," The Cullen wolf listed.

"Immortal children," Luca whispered, now understanding. Edward nodded along, sharing a look with the people aware of their existence. As the pack were confused, the Cullens explained what immortal children were, what they could cause and what happened to the Denali coven. It was kind of normal for Irina to react that way considering what happened to her mother. 

After spending the rest of the evening together, the pack left to the reservation. 

"Come on baby, let's get you to sleep," Madelyn said, picking Aiden up as he was nodding off and walking upstairs. Nathaniel followed closely behind them. When Aiden was securely in bed, Madelyn sat on the edge of it, Nathaniel crouching down in front of her. 

"We'll never be at peace," The shapeshifter bitterly stated as her imprint grabbed her hands, stroking them with his thumbs. 

"Luca can testify you were pregnant and that our child is not an immortal one. Nothing more will happened, alright?" Nathaniel reassured her, pressing a soft kiss on her forehead. 

"I'm just scared. Again," She laughed a little, finding herself ridiculous. "I want Aiden to have a good life, and a long one. We don't know when he will stop growing up, and we don't even know if the Volturi will be alright with him, or even me and the pack as one of the rulers hate us," She spoke quickly. 

"Hey, hey," Nathaniel cupped his beloved's face. "We are looking for answers for his growing pace, and Edward founded something the other day. There are tribes in Brazil that might know something. We'll figure everything out. I will let nothing happen to you and our son, that is a promise," He kissed his wife deeply to seal his words. Feeling a little better about everything, Madelyn smiled softly at her husband and got up, wrapping her arms around him.

"I love you Nate. I don't know what I'll do without you," Madelyn buried her face in Nathaniel's chest. The vampire hugged her tightly, leaning his head on hers. 

"I would be nothing without you, mon amour [my love]," The teacher whispered against her hair. Madelyn joined Aiden on their bed, making the child move unconsciously closer to her. Kissing the top of his head, she drifted off to sleep while Nathaniel spooned her, providing her the cold she needed to sleep well.