Chapter 8 - Bad Dream

Daisy

My eyes fly open the feeling of the kicks, punches, and stabbing still very real as my vision goes blurry. I cry feeling hands on me. It's like any touch is burning my body. My heart is beating a million miles a minute and my panic makes me feel sick to my stomach. But when the hands on my body let go the burning goes away. Slowly my eyes clear up and the ringing in my ears dulls.

I look around at my surroundings. I am in a bed. I didn't have a bed in the basement. I didn't have a massive blanket that feels like a cloud. At that moment I lift my head up and see five familiar faces.

Oh no.

I woke them up, oh my god. It's still dark out. I woke them up. I messed up their sleep. They probably hate me. Someone turns the lamp on beside me and when the light illuminates their faces I don't see hate or anger. No, I see concern and sadness.

"I am sorry." I cry repeating it over and over again. How could I have a nightmare in front of them? They heard me scream and cry. They heard me in pain. That thought alone makes me feel sick to my stomach.

I am a mess. The dream felt so real. The feeling of the beatings, the burning, my back, and my broken bones. Their voices taunting and stinging me.

It all felt so real.

"Daisy I need you to breathe with me." I see Henry sit in front of me. He takes a hold of my hand as he rubs his finger comfortingly over my skin. "Breathe in, and breathe out. Good baby."

As my breathing evens out I look up at them with fresh tears making it's way down my cheeks.

"It's okay, you are okay. You are safe, you are here with us." He reassures me.

"M'sorry for waking you guys." I apologize my voice hurting from the anxiety attack that just occurred. My throat feels raw and scratchy. James hands me the bottle full of water that they fill up for me every night.

"It's alright we aren't mad." Xander reassures me. It has been a week since our talk and we have gotten closer. He is teaching me how to play video games and we eat things called chips.

My eyes feel heavy. They feel so heavy like a weight is over them. The boys notice all sighing. "Go back to sleep baby, we will be in our rooms if you need anything." He soothes me as he tucked me back into my bed. He hands me the stuffed bear Roman picked up for me after his basketball practice the other day.

I named him Carlos.

They eventually leave me alone with my thoughts. I try to fall asleep but I just can't. I am too scared I'll relive another memory.

I lay awake for the rest of the night repeating the nightmare over and over in my mind, my eyes glued to the ceiling and clutching my bear as if my life depended on it.

-

Noah

It's the morning after Daisys nightmare. Nothing scares me more than hearing her screams and pleads for help. We were all sleeping when bear ear piercing screams made it's way through the bedroom hall. All of us had grabbed our guns thinking someone was hurting her but when we saw her fighting her blankets we realized it was a nightmare.

Something isn't right this morning. I walk into the kitchen and see all my brothers including Xander sitting around the table not speaking, not moving, all looking exhausted.

I guess they didn't sleep much either.

I look around. No sign of Daisy.

"Has she come down yet?" I ask no one in particular.