Chapter sixty six

Raven's POV

I'm starting to get worried about Scarlett, she's becoming pale. I know we can't keep this up forever but there is still so many, over seventy atleast.

I do all that I can to keep them at bay, I was almost bitten a few times. Luckily they missed and I was able to kill them. Goddess let us finish soon!

"Oh shit.." I dash sideways catching Scar as she wobbles.

"I'm ok..." she breathes concentrating but her voice is strained, I don't know how much longer she can do this...and that scares me. Unfortunately I don't have time to fear as the next wave comes at me.

Scarlett's POV

We've been fighting so long and I've used so much energy that I'm starting to feel dizzy. Losing my balance Rave rushes to catch me.

"I'm ok.." I say with a strained voice. Really though I'm not sure if I'm ok. I'm so tired, my vision is starting to blur.

There are fifty left in front of me atleast. I staggered again but remained standing, "damn it!" I mutter, then the unthinkable starts to happen.

The barrier is starting to fade from the top down. "NO!" I shout...I'm out of time I have to put everything in this last shot or they will escape and kill everyone in the world!

Focusing all I have left.... sparing nothing..... I send the biggest, strongest, brightest bolt of lightning ever crashing down on the remaining Dreggs.

The air around the island tastes of ozone, but I cannot see. That last flash is all that I can see, I can feel myself falling but am unable to stop.

"SCARLETT!!! NO!! BABY STAY WITH ME! DON'T CLOSE YOUR EYES!"

I can hear Raven calling to me his voice panicking ...but I don't have the energy to comfort him. I'm so tired...I just need a ....n..a..p.

Raven's POV

"NO!... SCARLETT ...BABY STAY WITH ME! DON'T CLOSE YOUR EYES!" I pick her up and run to the waters edge and begin to swim, swimming her to the other side feels like it takes forever.

"GET ME A HEALER NOW!!!" I yell through the mind link to those on the other bank that I'm swimming towards.

Leon and Yen rush to me to help with Scarlett and healers come running out from tents that have been set up.

"Get the Luna into the tent now!" The head healer shouts and they run with my mate to the tent, I try to follow but collapse on the embankment.

"Raven!" Leon helps me up taking me to another tent, "don't worry about me focus on Scarlett," I say as my vision starts to go out.

The last thing I hear is the others yelling for someone to help me too...but I would rather they focused on Scar and Falcon.

Please Goddess don't take them from me...

Zoe's POV

I begin to heal the Luna that has saved our world, she is very weak at the moment and the tiny life inside is also very fatigued.

She will need to be kept dormant for the time being. Usually the loss of this much energy is a death sentence but their spirits are strong, the "spark" if you will is still there.

"I've done all that I can here we need to move her to our facility to help care for her and her unborn pup." I say turning to the Beta of her pack.

His worried face relaxes enough for tears to fall, "but they are going to be ok?" He asks uncertain and I nod, "for now we will keep her dormant so that she recovers faster."

"Oh thankyou Goddess!!" He cries then straightens again, "what about our Alpha?" He asked worried once more.

I move to the next tent and check on Alpha Frost, he too like his mate has used a great deal of energy but his condition is much better than hers.

"He's going to be fine, he's just used most of his energy, I'll give him some vitality potions when he wakes. For now let's transport our wounded to our facility," I say and help with the preparations to get us moving.

The battle is finally over, it's time to begin healing, and to no longer need to fear the monsters that threatened the world as a whole.

Dev's POV

When we got to Scarlett and Raven's home, I could see the remnants of the battle that took place.

Moving faster I sniff for my mate's scent not finding it, I scream out through our mate link.

"SELENA! WHERE ARE YOU?!"

Almost immediately she answers me, "Dev! Baby we're at Crimson Moonlight's packhouse, the kids and I are fine but Sabrina..." she begins to sob.

"I'm on my way!" I say and run faster my pack following.

The other packs like Alpha Roger's pack sent who they could spare to come bring their loved ones home. They follow us to Crimson Moonlight's packhouse.

Getting there, we see most of our loved one's were occupied, the children of most of the packs were playing at a playground with their mother's watching over them.

Our elderly members were playing bingo under tents near by the playground. Some of the teenagers were helping out with taking care of everyone, it was a welcome sight.

When we got there mates ran to each other, pups ran to their parents, and for some happiness was not what they got but heartache instead.

Seeing and hearing their cries of anguish was heartbreaking. I kept moving to the pack hospital knowing my mate would most likely be there.

I was directed to a waiting room, opening the door I see my beautiful mate and our pups huddled together, I noticed Raven's family here as well. When I walked in my older pups came running at me crying and hugging me.

I return their embraces kissing away their tears, I look to Selena and she comes to me with our youngest pups, I take Helios and she holds Daphne. I lean forward and kiss my mate's lips.

"Are you ok?" She asks me and I nod, "I was healed I'll be fine, how's Gammy?" I ask dreading her answer.

She begins to sob resting her head against my chest, unable to answer.

"Alpha Dev," Raven's dad comes to me and answers my question, "I'm sorry she's still in surgery her wounds were worse than they originally thought, they said that it doesn't look good but we don't want to give up hope.
Some of the others were killed, none were noncombatants... thankfully." He gives a tired smile, I see he has some minor injuries of his own.

"Thankyou for helping," I say and he waves me off.

"Can you tell me if my family is alright?" He asked with worried eyes, I understand as a father myself the thought of one's children out there facing danger and being unable to protect them from it is painfully difficult.

"Leon wanted me to let Jackie know that he's fine," I say looking at her and she releases a breath and tears fall from her eyes. "As for Raven and Scarlett I don't know... they were still fighting behind a barrier. It was difficult leaving without knowing the outcome but we felt that we needed to come back."

He nods with a grim look as we await news on Sabrina and our friends/ family that is still out there fighting for our lives.