for double dates

HEESEUNG

There was a carnival nearby and once Jay heard it from Jungwon, he begged me for us to go with them. Of course, I agreed because I'm weak for the boy. I walked on the left of Jay as Jungwon and his date walked on my left. I can't say I'm not annoyed that I couldn't have alone time with Jay.

"Where should we go first?", Jungwon asked us with an excited smile.

I kept quiet and just looked at my date. He caught sight of my gaze on him and soon his cheeks flushed. There was just silence between us four, only interrupted occasionally by people walking by us. 

"If no one has any good suggestions, we're going to try that game there.", Jungwon said, pointing to a game booth which was a basic 'shoot the target down' game. 

I unconciously smirked. This would be a perfect chance for me to show off and get Jay something he could look at and remember me by. 

"Sounds good.", I nonchanlantly, turning my head to Jay who was already looking at me which made him break the eye contact. I liked the efffect I had on him.

The four of us strided the booth which was empty to our luck and the game master's face lit us as he saw us walking over. I could already tell he didn't have that many customers.

"Thank god-Uh, I mean would you like to try?', he stuttered but managed to make a sentence.

Jungwon's date, which I caught the name of, I think it was In Yeop? Hmm, weird name. He went first, holding the gun like it was real, and it's fair to say everyone was shocked at good he is, even the game master. He knocked down all five targets in seven seconds. This guy is not human. The game master handed a cat plushie to In Yeop and he handed it to Jungwon with an adoring smile. Jungwon's eyes lit up and a huge smile took over as he hugged the cat plushie tight to his chest.

"You're the best, hyung!', Jungwon beamed as In Yeop ruffled his hair. I couldn't help but roll my eyes and stepped up for my turn.

Let's do this.

I sighed frustratedly as I missed the target once again. I handed the game master more money and tried again. I will get Jay a plushie. I fired one shot and it finally hit a target. My eyes went wide and I heard a cheer from beside me. Jay was close to me and he cheered when I hit a target. He didn't get bored and left. For some reason, it made my heart flutter. It also gave me the extra encouragement I needed to hit the next four targets with no problem. I sighed in relief as the game master smiled and gave me three plushies. I stared at him in shock.

"Take them. You spent a lot just to get your date something. I think he wouldn't mind having more.", he could tell he was my date?

We were interrupted when Jay just swiftly snatched all three plushies out of the game master's hands and hugged them tightly. I swooned at the sight. Why did he have to be so adorable? 

"You guys enjoy your date.", the game master said with a small smile. I returned it and nodded, thanking him. He made Jay happy so I had to thank him for that.

"Hey! That's not fair!", Jungwon complained as he bickered with Jay about how he got three plushies, with Jay defending me. I smiled as I walked behind him. Maybe I did like Jay Park.

"You like him, right?", I snapped my head to In Yeop as he looked at me with a knowing smile.

"You didn't give up in getting him the plushies."

I could tell he knows. It's like he could read people's minds.

"Yeah. I would do anything for him", I replied, facing the front.

"Me too."

I snapped my whole body to him this time and he realised what he just said and gulped in fear of my burning glare on him.

"I mean Jungwon. C-Calm down..", I sighed in relief and softened my glare. 

We caught up to our dates as we had some small talk. Apparently, he's had a crush on Jungwon for a year now. Never thought Jungwon would move on from his boyfriend. He was pretty depressed for awhile when he died. 

"You take care of him. He has a fragile heart.", I warned him as he nodded, understanding.

"I will. I would never think of hurting him.", I smiled at that and nodded. I guess Jungwon is in good hands. 

"Ooh! Hyung, can we get some food? I am starving..", Jay asked me, his arms rubbing his growling stomach as I chuckled and nodded. His eyes lit up as he held onto my arm, pulling me away from the other date. 

They waved at us as I waved back with a sheepish smile. I was actually liking that double date but I finally have time with Jay, alone. 

-

a/n : sorry for the short chapter but i have exams next week so don't expect updates for a week or two :( anyways, enjoy this cute heejay chapter !