XLIV

☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎

『3』

"Hello, Mr. Barnes I was sent by the United Nations to evaluate you, do you mind if I sit..." As of now, everyone had eyes on the monitor as the psychiatrist spoke to Barnes.

"The receipt for your gear..." Sharon said handing Sam the paper. "A bird costume? Come on..."

"I didn't write it." Sharon then swapped in the visual onto the room tv which was appreciated by Steve of course.

"I'm not here to judge you, I just want to ask you a few questions...do you know where you are James?" Dr. Broussard asked but no reply.

"I can't help you if you don't talk to me, James."
He said then Bucky finally spoke.

"My name is Bucky..." Steve's attention drifted away from the screen and onto the photo of Barnes, that's been shown to the public.

"Why would the task force release this photo to begin with?" Steve said, more as stated than a question as he placed the print onto the table.

"To get the word out and involve as many eyes as we can..." Sharon said.

"Right, it's good to flush a guy out of hiding, set off a bomb, and get your picture taken, you got 7 billion people looking for the winter soldier." Thea nodded at Steve's words as she thought the same thing.

She never really had any thoughts on the man other than resentment for the constant comparison made between the two back in Hydra. There's still a little there but that doesn't mean it's gonna taint her way of seeing when something isn't correct.

"I'm saying someone framed him to find him," Steve claimed.

"Steve we've looked for the guy for two years and we found nothing," Sam said.

"We didn't bomb the U.N., that turned a lot of heads."

"That doesn't guarantee that whoever framed him would get him, it guarantees that we would..." Sharon glanced over at the monitor.

Steve then looked at the monitor as well as eyeing the psychiatrist. "Yeah..."

『???』

"Tell me Bucky, you've seen a great deal haven't you?" It seems as though it's going to take a lot more measures for James to cooperate.

"I don't wanna talk about it." I would go after the other one but she does not have what want. Though her part is still very crucial.

"You feel that if you open your mouth the horrors might never stop, don't worry..." They'll never know what hit them until it's too late.

"We only have to talk about one..." Just a simple type from my computer will set things straight.

•••••

『THEA』

I was sat in a closed-off room rummaging for any clue or idea of what the numbers could mean but then all of a sudden the power cut off and I'm sure I'm not the cause of it either.

"What the hell?" I stood up and fazed through the shadows and ran into Stark, Romanoff, and Carter. Before I could ask for anything Romanoff already beat me to it. "No time for questions," She said dragging me along speed walking.

We were now in the lounge area where the agents were doing a futile job of apprehending Barnes.

"We're in position..." With that said Stark went in with a gauntlet that was sending sound waves and flashbang deterring Barnes's hearing and sight for a moment.

Luckily Stark was stirring clear of hits and blocking the gun in Barnes's hands. But then after smacking him in the face with a piece of the gun Barnes elbowed and knocked Stark into tables.

Carter and Romanoff go at him for a little before Sharon was also thrown into a table. Romanoff jumps onto him wrapping her legs around his head and striking his head.

Barnes placed her onto the table getting ahold of her neck while Romanoff was keeping hold of his head between her calves.

I run in and kicked him away. He stumbled a bit before locking eyes with his new target.

"An unwanted reunion," I mumbled. If only I had a knife...

We both charged at each other. Simultaneously sending a punch towards the other and catching it as well.

I took the opportunity to headbutt him and was about to send him a lot further back with a kick to stomach, but unfortunately he caught my foot and flipped me to the ground.

Right before he could make his next move, Prince T'challa comes in and kicks Barnes away initiating another fight.

•••••

『3』

Meanwhile, after the whole power outage fiasco, Sam and Steve took Bucky to an abandoned garage where Bucky laid unconscious with his metal arm tightly restrained in a vice.

Once he woke up he assured Steve that he does remember him, the duo Steve and Sam stood in front of Bucky attempting to get some sort of explanation or idea of what the 'psychiatrist' wanted from him.

"Who was he?" Steve asked.

"I don't know." Bucky said.

"People are dead—the bombing setup—the doctor did all that just to get 10 minutes with you, I need you to do better than I don't know..." Steve said, Bucky thought for a moment before speaking again.

"He wanted to know about Siberia...where I was kept...he wanted to know exactly where..."

"Why would he need to know that?" Steve asked.

"Because I'm not the only Winter Soldier..."

896 words