XLV.

☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎

『3』

Stress. Stress is what Thea felt as she had so much stuff on her plate to deal with. With the disappearance of Bucky, Sam, and Steve, the number codes are on paper. And right now it was Agent Ross.

He's been subtle with his aggravating assumptions that Thea may be some double agent and is working with Bucky.

"That is the most idiotic thing I've ever heard. Do you hear yourself because I wish I didn't..."

"Thea..."

"No no, Stark I've got this..." Agent Ross took out a file opened it up and began to speak.

"Your last mission in Nigeria where you suddenly walk off and disappear becoming unresponsive through your comms. Then just so happened Arina Zola was on the scene as well..."

"Yes, she was found very dead too, so your point exactly?" Thea said matter-of-factly.

"Yeah like anyone can explain why a mad scientist was on just so happened to be on the fighting scene," Everett said not believing a word out of Thea.

"Go ask Rumlow—oh wait he's dead too..." Thea said officially done with the conversation and the man himself.

"Fine but I've got my eye on you..."

"Wanna lose it?"

"Okay, we aren't getting anywhere with tracking down those three with you guys going at each other's necks," Natasha said coming in between the two.

"Exactly and to prevent any further nonsense from coming out of Everett I will now excuse myself..." The walk-off teleporting through the shadows.

•••••

『THEA』

I helped save the world from a genocidal tin can made by another idiotic tin can, and even signed the accords, and yet it's 'ThEa YoU Lo. Ok VeRY SuspICIoUs' Of course I look suspicious, I'm me.

At this point, I'd like to speak to someone who makes somewhat sense to me.

So I showed up unannounced in their home...

"Oh! T-Thea? What are you doing here?"

"I'm annoyed, Wanda." I threw my coat off before collapsing onto the couch. "Make that dark liquid you made when Stark placed lights all over the place..."

"You mean Hot Chocolate?" She questioned.

"That's what it's called?"

"Yes, but you have to tell me what's wrong..."

"Only for 20 minutes." Anytime I'm having a moment to express my thoughts I simply set a comfortable timer on how long it will go for. I don't want to spend the entire day talking about such things.

"Now start talking," I went on rambling about my day but then paused when Vision came in.

"Uh Wanda have you seen—Oh Uh hello Thea didn't know you were here..." He seemed a bit off but I just sent him a short wave before continuing to speak to Wanda.

"ThenRossstartedtoquestionmewhichwasveryuncalledforandthatsevenmoreannoyingthanthisstupidriddledcodemessagethingthatArinagave me—which I have a hard time deciphering if I should look into it..."

"Okay, so what's the message for?" I pulled out the note paper from my pocket and showed it to Wanda.

"Something about the truth but she could be lying just to make my life miserable..." Wanda sat in thought for a moment.

"You think so?" She questioned.

"I know so..."

"But why would she all of a sudden choose now? She had two whole years to do that but why now?" Wanda questioned.

"She did say she's been working, but on what?" I said as my mind went through the worst-case scenarios.

"Maybe, more you?" Wanda said sipping her tea.

Thats impossible. I thought.

"That can't be—I need to find something,"
I quickly went my way to my room and pulled out a map. I typed in leading to the one place that should have what I am looking for. Siberia.

"What could be in Siberia?" I mumbled to myself trying to think of what could be in an abandoned Hydra base.

That's when it hit me.

•••••

『3』

"Okay, I need you to keep an eye on Thea. No matter what don't let her leave her room." Tony says to Vision over the phone.

"Understood."

"It's best she doesn't get in this..."

"Yes, Mr. Stark." The vision ended the call and headed towards the door to Thea's room. "Friday?"

"Yes?"

"Activate T.I.S.M."

"Thea Is Sleeping Mode, Activated." The door locked securing timing the hours for the next morning.

"I'm sorry," Vision said walking away.

•••••

『THEA』

What could she be doing with failed winter soldiers?

Whatever is going on there has something dealing with me somewhere I just need to tell Wanda or maybe Romanoff or Rogers.

I got up about to head out the door when I heard Friday's voice. "Access denied."

"What? Friday open the door..." No answer.

"Hey, Friday what's going on? Why's the door locked?" No answer.

"Friday?" Still no answer. She was working just fine not too long ago. I tried pulling at the door but it didn't even budge.

"Hey! Can anyone hear me?!" I started banging on the door.

Then Friday finally spoke. "T.I.S.M. has been activated."

"By who?!" This has to be some type of joke. I put my ear to the door trying to listen for anybody but there was nothing but faint crashing noises.

"Wanda?! Vision?!"

I paused. No wonder he seemed off, he was going to trap me in my room.

I was about to angrily phase through the shadows and rip him apart but then every surface of the room lit up blinding me with light. From the floor, ceiling, and each wall; the lights were blocking my line of vision causing me to stumble onto the ground.

In these cases, it's not so great having enhanced senses, like enhanced eyes. All the high brightness was too much for my eyes to even focus.

"Wanda!!"

955 words