thirty six

~~~

the four Pogues stood around the big tree in back of the Château, immediately started cutting out the shape of a heart Pope held the axe tightly while JJ heated up a crowbar. Caroline and Kiara held a few items to put in the box in memory of their friend John B, Caroline rested her head on Kiara's shoulder watching the boys carve their best friends name on the tree.

2003 ~ 2020
John B Routledge
P4L

Caroline lifted her head from Kiara's shoulder setting a photo of her and John B in the box. JJ approached his friends again raising his flask up.

"to John B." he says.

"and to Sarah." Kiara weakly said.

JJ took a sip of his flask handing it to his girlfriend next, Caroline took the flask raising it up taking a sip of the alcohol. Kiara shut the box kneeling down in front of the hole Caroline dug up and the four friends each placed a flower on top putting the dirt over the box. JJ rested his hand on his girlfriends shoulder planting a kiss on her head.

the last couple of hours were filled with silence by everyone, the new couple, Pope and Kiara were seated on the hammock smiling at each other while JJ and Caroline were sitting on a branch tossing each other a ball. when the next day came around Caroline heard her mother's calls from downstairs asking if she was awake, she sat up rolling her eyes looking beside to greet her boyfriend who already left.

  went to the château before everyone woke up, i'll see you later, baby. <3 J.

Caroline smiled putting the note in her drawer that was filled with other small notes and letters from JJ. she did her entire morning routine before slipping on her black dress and black sandals. today was the day of Sheriff Peterkin's funeral and Shoupe invited the Hills since Zachery and Shoupe were good friends since high school and he would visit the marine hospital frequently.

standing beside her parents Caroline was watching Rafe Cameron closely. he and his family had some nerve showing up to Peterkin's funeral, all of Figure Eight attended the funeral, Caroline didn't want to come but her parents made her. ever since the night John B and Sarah went missing her parents watched her closely not wanting her to be around the other Pogues, but Ace didn't care. she needed them and she didn't know what she'd do without them, especially JJ.

"though she had now departed, let us honor her bravery and sacrifice in the line of duty. through her memory, let us pursue what is just and right. as we commit her. it's to the ground, ashes to ashes, dust to dust, we shall remember to uphold the ideas which she stood for." the pastor spoke, Caroline glared at Rafe and Ward when her mother nudged her.