56. The Halloween Party

I sit back on the couch and sigh as Loren attacks my hair with a brush and a teasing comb. 

"I can't believe you're doing this to me! And you!" I look at Aron. "You don't like parties!" 

"Uh.. I don't like parties per say but I love the oppertunity to show you off as my official boyfriend." He beams. 

I roll my eyes. 

"That's called Instagram." I sigh. 

"You can't wiggle your way out of this, Sky. You're going." Loren smiles. 

It's funny how close Loren and Aron have gotten. I didn't expect them to get along so well. After Loren's pregnancy and after our million fights she just kind of lost the energy to hate him. After all, nothing that'd happened had been his fault. 

Now they share a common goal: Torturing me. 

They're forcing me to go the Halloween party at school. As if normal parties aren't stressful enough, they're forcing me to dress up!

"Ah, ah. No! Loren, get that thing out of my face!" She's trying put makeup on me. 

"It's just special effects!" 

"I don't care what it is, I'm not wearing makeup!" 

"Aron, hold him down!"

Before I know it, Aron's holding my arms behind my back. 

"Aron!" I whine. 

"I'm sorry, mi amor. It's for the common good. You'll see." He whispers before giving me a kiss. 

I sigh as my cheeks heat up. Damn him. 

"You guys are so cute." Loren smiles. 

She looks genuinely delighted. How ironic. A year ago she would've barfed. 

Aron lives at my place for the time being. Until he can find somewhere to rent. Apparently he's already saved up enough money to get his own place over the years. I'll never admit this to anyone.. but it's nice always having him around. We take showers together, eat meals together.

I watch his face light up as he laughs at something Loren just said. 

Without noticing I smile a little too. I can't help it. 

"Oh my God, he's starting to look so good!" Loren squeals. 

"Ten layers of makeup later, gee thanks, Loren." I say sarcastically. 

"Don't whine, you know you're hot." Loren says. 

I sigh. Again. 

After a long time of sitting still and being attacked by makeup brushes, I'm finally done. It's fully dark outside now and the party's almost starting. 

"Ready for the big reveal?" Loren asks. 

I'm standing in front of a mirror with a pink veil covering it. 

"Hurry up, Loren." 

"Eek!" She squeals before taking off the pink veil. 

My eyes widen. I'm wearing a white dress shirt with Victorian type frills at the collar. It's ripped in several places with patches of blood on my skin. Not to mention, Loren ripped all the buttons off so I wouldn't be able to close the fucking shirt. I'm wearing light blue contacts (apparently they're glow in the dark, woohoo) and my eyes are rimmed with a dark red color. She teased the life out of my hair and even added some blood-red streaks. 

I open my mouth and there they are. Fangs. 

"I'm not going out like this." I protest. 

"What? Are you kidding?! Do you know how long this took? I had to.."