58-Close Your Eyes

4.1k words

༻✦༺

(y/n)'s POV
"We're not going back home?" I curiously asked as he pressed in coordinates that I didn't recognize as Coruscant's.

Without responding, he set the ship into hyperspace then spun in the chair to look at me with a raised brow, "You thought I had only one thing planned for you?" He leaned back in the chair as he folded his arms over his chest, "I'm insulted Empress Skywalker." He teased as he placed his hand on his chest with fake offense.

I chuckled as I walked over and sat on his lap, while wrapping my arms around his neck, "Where are you taking me then hm?" I tilted my head.

"The last place you want to be," He admitted, causing my brows to furrow in confusion, "But trust me, I have a purpose for everything, and you'll love what I have in mind." He smirked as if he was in on his own personal joke.

I looked down to the floor as I thought for a moment. I ventured through the messy web of a mind that I have to try and figure out where the last place I would want to be is. Then it hit me and I shot my head back up to peer at him with deeper confusion - there is only one place that he could possibly be talking about.

"Tatooine?" I spoke the name with disgust, and surprise. Not only is that the last place I'd want to be, but it is for him as well. I remember the day he found me, he was more than eager to get off of that planet.

"Yes," He concurred with a nod as he leaned forward and pressed a comforting kiss on my cheek, "But like I said baby, trust me."

༻✦༺

With tears in my eyes that I was trying to hide, I slowly stepped into the shop that was once like a prison to me.

I peered around the room slowly, and caught a glimpse of the familiar shelves that I countlessly put back together due to Watto losing his temper and breaking them down. I saw a wrench that was lying on the floor, one he used to hit me with when I would 'disobey' him or even when I was simply late. Most of the time it wasn't my fault either, sand storms are common here, and they're deadly to get caught in - so of course I'd be late some days trying to avoid them. He didn't care though, I could've died any day and he wouldn't have batted an eye.

It hurts to remember how meaningless my life used to be, how little I actually mattered to anyone. It's no surprise that I accepted Anakin's hand - he's the first person besides Shmi who treated me and spoke to me as if I was an actual person.

I peered my head around the corner and saw the room that Watto used to.. force me to use with customers; and then, I saw the small droid I was fixing the day Anakin found me. It was still in the same place on the table next to the shattered cup I dropped when he scared me half to death.

Not a single person has been here since that day.

I mean, I'm sure people came and found Watto's body eventually - in whatever condition it was in - but it's clear that no one has cleaned up or taken residence here in that time.

I walked deeper in and ran my fingers along the droids metal exterior, "It's funny that I actually forgot I'm a decent mechanic," I turned my head to look at Anakin who was leaning in the doorway, watching me just he was that day, "I may not be as good as the famous Anakin Skywalker, Watto made sure I knew that," I chuckled with a head shake, "But I was good enough to get by." I dropped my hand back down to my side.