Chapter 20: Goldilocks

Edric's P.O.V.

So about yesterday. Weird, right? The Golden Guard has to resort to stealing now? Why not be back with the Emperor? But then again, back when he was with Luz she was talking to Amity about how she didn't want him back with the Emperor. I was eavesdropping at the time and heard her talking about the scar on his cheek, about how maybe the Emperor did that. But will I see the guy again?

Even now I pass the same part of town as I did before and near the bakery who had it's bread stolen away by that knight who uncharacteristically wasn't wearing his shiny armor. And now I see even more wanted posters of goldilocks. Wow, they really want him found, huh? Definitely won't be taking selfies with him agai- And I see that selfie I took with Hunter well he was sleeping plastered on a wall with a wanted title and the reward along with my face and and username being blurred.

"Great... They only had to memorize the types of features but now they've seen his face. Way to go, Edric. My left hand reaches the poster with me and him on it and I then look in the alleyway for a garbage can to throw it in. Throwing away one picture won't solve a difference but stil- That's when I see him...

He's still here? Well since he's here... Might as well work the Blight charm. Right now he's sitting down with his palisman in his hands while his knees are to his chest but his head spins to my direction while my footsteps alarm him, making him get up and the palisman flapping it's wings in the air.

"Oh, it's just you." He sits back down, leaning to the wall while looking at me with one leg stretched out. "Hey you~" I point my fingers at him like guns and go on to say "Why aren't you with The Emperor? Why out here- actually why not with Luz?" "What is it with all of you and the questions? My- I mean The Emperor is too pissed at me and if I go to Luz they'll be put in danger. The guards had to grab me out of that house. So that's probably the first place they'd look." At this point I sit next to him, almost touching him. 

Shooting me a glare, he asks "Does that answer your questions, Blight?" I put my hands up in defense. "Yeah, yeah, it does. Moody." That word I say more quietly but still heard by him as he makes a bigger frown. Putting his gaze to the ground, he reaches into his pants pocket and takes out some bread, then biting into it. "You must be huuungry, right? What if I bring you food from time to time so the guards don't hear a scarred blonde with a yellow vest is in this neck of the woods?" I reach with my arm around his shoulder and bringing him close while he flinches at the touch.

"Why do you care? Why would you help me?" "There's no need to get defensive, Goldilocks. I'll bring you something tomorrow, ok? I just wanna help after I uhh... Exposed your face... People know The Golden Guard has stolen from that bakery, so you can't do it a second time." His crimson eyes avert themselves from looking into mine. "Ok... Fine." He takes my hand off of his shoulder. "Ok then. See you around, Goldilocks." Don't call me that." He says with gritted teeth to which I roll my eyes in humor before getting up to walk off. His eyebrows furrow once I stop remaining seated... As if he longed for a friend but I can't be here too much longer. I promised some friends I'd meet up with them and I'm probably gonna run late right now.

(How was their interaction?)