Chapter 1

"Mimi! Hurry up or we're going to be late!" I called up the stairs to my younger sister.

Let me give you a slight introduction about myself before you read further on in the story. On my birth certificate my name is Caroline Robin Masters, I was born June 17, 1989 at 1:30 in the morning, but I like to go by Carol or Cee. As far as I know, I have one sibiling and her name is Mimi Ellice Masters. She's three years younger than I am, her birthday landing on December 20, 1992. If you can't figure it out, I'm 26 and she's 23. We were all each other had really and because of that, we had a strong relationship with each other. Our parents gave us up to our aunt who we lived with for quite sometime, up until I was at least 21 so I could take care of Mimi myself. The two of us live in a cozy townhouse out in California. Everything's pretty much peaceful for the most part. Well enough about us, let's get back into the actual story.

"I'm coming Cee! Geez I can only get ready so fast!" Mimi joked around with me once she was standing in front of me. The two of us were heading out to one of the local coffee shops to catch some local musicians perform acoustic sets for a couple hours. It was something we always did on Fridays.

"Well I'm just trying to get there before the rush starts. You know how bad it can get. I never want to experience that again." I shuddered at the thought of how many people there were for a local musician. To say the least, traffic was horrendous.

"I know! That wasn't exactly all too fun." She checked herself in the mirror we had at the end of the hall to make sure she looked okay, which she did. "You ready to go?" I just gave her a look that she could easily convey. "Stupid question. Right then, let's go." We both grabbed our phones and any other necessities we needed.

The two of us walked out to my 1970 black Challenger. The drive to the coffee shop was a good twenty minuets away from where we lived so that called for some music along the way. While driving we shared some light conversation about nothing in particular, just to pass the time quicker. The two of us always did this, just talk about anything that came to mind, no matter how weird or random it was.

"Finally we're here!" Mimi quickly unbuckled her seatbelt and got out of the car. Laughing at my sister's behavior, I got out as well.

"You dork! It's the same amount of time as it always is!" I laughed while I closed and locked the doors.

"I know but something just seems weird about it today. I don't know maybe I'm just being a bit paranoid." So she noticed it too then. I was thinking that maybe it was the Subway sandwich I ate earlier in the day.

"Whatever it is let's just forget about it for now and enjoy or Friday night. You know my usual drink right?" We stood off to the side of the door so we wouldn't be blocking the entrance.

"Of course I do. You get it every time we come here." I smiled and stuck my tongue out at her. What? So what if I'm 26 and still sticking my tongue out at people. I can do what I want. While she went to get our drinks I went off to find a table for us to sit at and thankfully, pur usual spot was still open. Mimi and I always sat at the table in the corner of the right side of the store. We don't know why, we just did.

Sitting down, I placed my keys off to the side while I pulled out my phone. Just as I unlocked the screen, I received a text Richie.

'What are you and your sister doing tonight?' That was weird, my friends never had to ask what the two of us did on Fridays because they should already know. We normally tell them or check-in on Facebook.

'Richie, did you forget that we always go out to PJ's Coffee every Friday?'