Chapter 45: Shock

Third person POV

Aria desperately clung to Enzo for the pain to stop, all her brothers were silently watching as their little sister was struggling.

The twins stood with shocked faces as Noah almost had tears in his eyes from the pain evident in her tearful eyes.

Zach stood with clenched fists like he was angry at his own helplessness and just wanted her to smile again as she did when he tickled her.

Xavier had his stone cold face like always but inside, inside he was hurting for her pain.

He felt everything she did, and hated that he couldn't do anything to stop it. Enzo was pushing her into his chest as he held her in his arms.

He had a pained expression as he hurted just as much as the others at how much she was suffering.

"It's gonna be ok little one just calm down" he said as well as

"I'm here" were the things he repeated over and over again. She was full out sobbing now as he lifted her up putting her legs around his waist as her arms were around his neck.

He had one of his hands on her back for support and the other on her head massaging her scalp.

After 15 minutes of sobbing she was finally beginning to calm down. She had worn herself out and the heavy breathing exhausted the girl. Only sniffles were heard in the silent room as her eyelids began feeling heavy.

"good girl" Enzo said with relief that she finally calmed down.

He went over to her bed laying her down on the soft surface and getting under the blankets himself. There was no way he was leaving his sister like this.

He pulled her closer as he continued stroking her hair. Noah came forward tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear as he kissed her head before leaving. All the rest came beside her, kissing her head before exiting her room.

Xavier was the last one, he gently kissed her head and looked at the tear stained cheeks. He gently stroked her cheek with the back of his hand like she would break if he wasn't careful.

Enzo stayed with her until she woke up. He knew that she would need someone when she awoke.

Aria POV

I feel myself waking up as I notice my head slightly hurt. As I remember what happened, I realize it's not a dream.

I don't feel any happier at the moment but at least I can breathe now. As Enzo was holding me, I felt warm and loved. He was like the glue trying to keep my heart from breaking even more.

I just wanted to stay in his embrace forever and never get hurt from the pain of the world outside. My eyes slowly opened as I felt his huge body next to me.

He's arm is still around me, hugging me. I tighten my arm around his waist trying to get rid of the grief I'm feeling. His eyes fly open as he realizes I'm awake.

"You're awake, how are you feeling?" He asks as he looks like he already has a good guess on the answer.

"I don't know, my heart hurts" I say not being able to put the pain into words. He tightens his hold on me as he's trying to squeeze my pain away.

"I know it hurts, but trust me on this that it will get better and me and the others will be with you all the way until it does, ok?" I nod in response but then remember something really important, Sebastian. My body shots up into a sitting position as I reach for my phone.

"What's wrong?" Enzo quickly asks with worry.

"M-my brother- i mean Sebastian is still alive" I answer while dialing his number. "He's not answering.." I say as my voice begins to break.

'What if something happened to him?'. The thoughts make my breathing heavy again as I feel the panic coming back.

"Shhh calm down, I'm sure he's ok. I'll tell one of our men to track him down and we'll find him, alright?" He says as he holds my shoulder, looking in my eyes with nothing but honesty.

My body feels hopeful when I think about seeing Sebastian again.

"I'll inform the others, as well as getting on with tracking down Sebastian" He says as he looks hesitant to leave but walks away after i give him a reassuring nod.

'Enough with the crying, I need to focus on finding Sebastian right now and can't let my emotions get in the way' I say as I wipe away the remaining tears as I try putting on a more serious face.

After only 30 minutes, I hear a knock on the door startling me.

I look at the person entering my room to see that it's Noah.

"Hey, i just wanted to tell you that dinner is ready" He informed calmly. I just nod and get out of my room as I keep staring at the floor.

"I'm not gonna ask if you're ok because I know you're not" He starts, breaking the silence as we walk through the halls.

"And that's totally ok, just take your time, and we'll always be with you if you want to talk about it" He says finally looking at me for an answer.

"Thank you" I said with a small voice as I was still staring at the floor. I don't know what more to say. Honestly I'm more worried about Sebastian than I am myself. I have my older brothers at least but the only one he has left is me.

'I need to be there for him' I feel anger arising from breaking down when I at least had someone who comforted me.

I don't feel like I can't accept more comfort as I think about Sebastian having none. As my thoughts cloud my head, I fail to notice that we have arrived at the dining room.

I look up to see all my brothers seated in the seats and looking at me worriedly.

I ignore their stares as I make my way to my seat. I see that the food has been served already and that it's my favorite, pasta carbonara.

Although, I don't feel like eating. I haven't eaten since breakfast but don't feel hungry right now.

I just feel...really tired. I hear someone clear their throat as I turn my head towards the person.

"I know you might not be in the mood to eat right now, but you haven't eaten since breakfast and need to get your strength back" Julian says as Hunter nods in agreement. This is not gonna end well... 

A/N: Hope you liked the chapter cuz i don't know if i did... like it's hard to know how to describe her grief but i just try to think of how i would react in that situation. Let me know what you think or how i could do it better.