XXXI

22 BBYKhorm, Mid Rim

22 BBY
Khorm, Mid Rim

The moment the Venator-class cruiser shot out of hyperspace, Jaika walked into the bridge and joined Master Plo's side; who was also joined by Kit Fisto, who sent the young Jedi a small smile. The holographic table had a holographic image of the planet's status projected onto it, as Wolffe approached the Jedi. "It appears that there are heavy storms covering the atmosphere, Sir. I think an airstrike will not be possible, we will have to strike from the ground." Wolffe explained, making Jaika cringe slightly as she looked at the icy planet.

"If it means we can liberate the Khormai from the confederacy's control, then so be it." Master Plo answered, as Jaika looked back at the hologram. The brief that Jaika read earlier told the girl that they traveled to the ice planet to retrieve Khormai agrocite for the Republic's forces; but it seems like the Separatists had the same idea and while they retrieved their agrocite, the people of Khorm were enslaved and forced to mine for them. So the simple retrieval mission had turned into a mercy mission. "The Khormai have formed an alliance with a Khormai warlord who's called Ungar Gout. This will not be an easy liberation, so we must keep our wits about us and be prepared for anything." Kit Fisto explained, as an image of the Separatist warlord appeared. 

"We will capture this processing facility, and from there we will work to draw their forces out and free the people. We cannot let Gout escape, we must capture him." Master Plo explained, pointing to multiple places on a map. The people around the table nodded, understanding the task at hand before everyone prepared their equipment. 

Jaika secured her warm clothing around her, while holding a pair of goggles in her hands as she walked towards the clone transport, where troopers were gathered together. As she walked, something bashed against her leg as she heard a beep, making the girl look down at C1-4X who was swiveling his head around. Jaika knelt down to his level and patted his head, "Not this one, buddy. It's too dangerous, you stay here and keep watch of any incoming threats." Jaika answered, earning a deflated sigh before the droid rolled off.

The girl stepped onto the transport and held onto one of the over-head handles as the ship dispatched from the cruiser's hanger and towards the ice planet. Jaika glanced towards the troopers in the transport who muttered among each other, before the girl glanced towards Kit Fisto who sent her a small smile. 

The moment they entered Khorm's atmosphere, the transport started to shake as the ship piloted around the storm, experiencing a great amount of turbulence. Jaika tightened her grip around the handle, as people tumbled around within the ship's compartments, as the cold air flooded through the gaps in the doors, giving Jaika chills. 

Once the transport landed, the doors swept open and the forces piled out as AT-TE walkers were dropped onto the ground, with readied cannons. The clones walked alongside the multiple walkers, as did the Jedi. Jaika was among them as she pulled up her hood and fabricated mask over her face, while securing her goggles. "I'm not getting any signs of life from this location." A trooper announced as they looked at a data pad.