45

you have no idea how it happened, but here you were, walking through liyue harbor with your arm linked with hu taos.

"we could go buy a kite from granny and go kiting!" she continued her rambling, never seeming to stop. you didnt complain though, you felt rather down after the whole ordeal with childe.

but hu tao was right there to cheer you up, almost as if she noticed you were feeling down.

you didnt want to ruin her vibes, but continue to speak up anyways, "hey hu tao." you said firstly, trying to catch her attention.

"hm?" she hummed while looking forward. you opened your mouth, "you dont know me, yet you want to hang out with me." you stated the obvious while continuing to look at her side profile.

she remained silent, but the smile from her face never left her features. the both of you kept walking while you spoke up again, "you dont even know if im a dangerous person." you said to her in a calm voice.

which you actually were, if you were ordered to kill her, you would. she heard the words coming from your mouth and turned her head to you.

"and?" she casually said. "if i die then so be it!" she said while smiling, her excitement was evident in her voice as she spoke.

your confusion got alot worse after she said that, "are you suicidal...?" you asked her genuinely, your arm still linked with hers as she continued to walk with you.

she took a deep breath as she kept smiling, "nope!" hu tao said without a care in the world. you waited patiently for her to continue, and she did.

"i am just appericiating death as much as life." she elaborated as she tilted her head to look at you, your eyes locking with her flower like pupil ones.

she seemed alot calmer when she talked about death like that. hu tao considered death a normal part of life which you found admirable.

in the past times that you had to go out to take the lifes of people, you saw that they were all begging for their lifes. what hu tao said was the total opposite of what you were used too.

"death is considered a curse but its just the relieve of being alive." she said once again, her eyes softening as she spoke about her interests.

you inhaled deeply and gave her a smile along with a gentle nod, "i see, that is true." you spoke wholeheartedly as your interest in hu tao grew.

hu tao sighed as she finished speaking and turned her head to look forward again. the two of you passed the pier and looked at the water below you two.

you turned your head upwards, guessing the time. it would have been around 2 or 3 pm or so, the sky was a bright blue with few clouds that covered it, letting the warm sunlight fall on your skin with ease.

"say!" hu tao suddenly exclaimed, snapping her head at you. hearing the words of the girl, you turned your gaze from the sky to her.

seeing she caught your attention, she spoke up, "how about i bring you to wangsheng funeral parlor." she said with a childish smile on her face

"i can show you more about my interests there!" she continued saying, her eyes now closed as she gave you a closed eyed smile.

you thought about it for a while, you wondered if you had to go back to diluc or maybe find more out about the fatui.

seeing you were unconvinced, hu tao spoke up again, "consider it a day off, to do fun stuff!" she said as she gave you a thumbs up with her other free hand.

"i can tell you have alot on your mind." she finally said and looked over at you, waiting patiently for your answer.

your eyes narrowed as you looked downwards at the ground while you two were still walking, you thought to yourself, 'it does seem kind off fun.' you contemplated and opened your mouth, "maybe..." you started off.

"maybe i can make some time." you said as you tilted your head up again to meet hu taos eyes. the moment you confirmed of going to wangsheng funeral parlor was the moment hu taos eyes lit up.

she stopped straight in her tracks, retracting her arm from yours and clapped them together while giving you a closed eyed smile, "then thats settled!" she exclaimed excitedly as she grinned at you.

"lets go right now!" she said and made a full 180, walking into the opposite direction now. you followed her with your gaze and turned your body around as well, following her.

a small smile made its way on your face, you wouldnt expect to meet someone that lively in liyue. maybe it was because you were thinking about your mission too much.