017 CAKES

╭───── (🧃) CHAPTER SEVENTEEN; CAKES

"KEIKO DEAR, THERE'S SOMEONE ON THE PHONE WHO WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK TO YOU." Mashiro's voice spoke out from the hallway, Keiko got off her bed and went out her room to see her mother holding up the phone for her.

"Who is it?" Keiko asked, taking to phone.

"Talk to them and find out." Mashiro smiled, bopping her daughters nose before walking away into the living room "Daisuke! Get your grubby feet of the table, I've just cleaned it!" her voice was muffled as she shut the door.

Keiko held the phone up to her ear "Hello?" she asked.

"Oh Mochizuki dear." Saiki's mothers voice spoke through the phone "How are you? Wait is it okay if I call you Keiko?" 

Keiko was pleasantly surprised to hear from her "Not at all Kurumi, how are you?"

"I'm very well thank you. I was calling to see if you wanted to come over today? I haven't told Ku but I haven't seen you in so long and he always seems much happier when your over." 

"Oh- I'd love to but I need to ask my mum-"

"Don't worry dear. I just asked her about that now and she was fine with it, she said you'd either walk or your father would drop you off, I just thought it would be nice for you to come over for a bit." 

"That's perfect then." Keiko smiled "I'll be over soon, thank you for the invite."

————————————

Keiko rang the doorbell of the Saiki residence, the door opened to reveal Saiki "Hi Saiki, your mum invited me over."

Saiki opened the door further and let her in "Yeah, my mum just told me not long before you came? What's that in the box your holding?"

"Oh this? Since your mum was kind enough to invite me over, I thought I would bring this strawberry flavoured cake my family had left over."

she opened the box for him to show it "I'm guessing you made it?"

"How'd you know?"

"Because you always make your cakes look beautiful."

She blushed from the compliment and was about to take off her coat until "Oh Keiko, I'm glad you made it here safely." Kurumi greeted, walking up to the girl and pulling her into a warm hug.