Sokovia

The sharp tip of the ice wind rushed against my face like needles as I sprinted into the line of fire. My body was hot with sweat and my rush of adrenaline was threw the roof. Lactic acid filled my throat up, while my abdomen burned as it raised up and down quickly, to get short breaths into my body.

The constant moving of uphill and downhill was ridiculous, Sokovia had so much country land that had never been built upon or used. Nature ruled these fields and now we were in the middle of battle on them.

The Avengers and I are in the process of infiltrating a HYDRA base in Sokovia. I was making my way through the woods, fighting many soldiers at a time. It had only been two months since I was last in action and the winter days were turning into spring and the weather was getting warmer however, here in Europe it still felt like mid December time.

I was on foot running and melting my way a path to run clearly in a straight line. My powers had only grown and after taking the time to train them everyday and slowly build up my power, it had payed off. I still refused to be an official member of the team as I had a lot more to learn and needed to spend more time in the lab than on missions however, we believe that Loki's sceptre is being held at this Hydra camp therefore, I came along to assist.

Clint and Nat were in a stolen Jeep. My brother was firing away using his bow while Nat drove maniacally through the wilderness.

Tony was flying up above and using his suit to give us higher ground and see what was coming from above.

I feel like I majorly lucked out as Thor used his hammer to help him levitate and Steve was on a bike. I was the only one on foot...well Bruce was too but he's, the other guy.

All together we worked as a team, defeating soldiers and robots that slightly resembled Tony's suit but if Hydra were trying to copy his tech they weren't doing a very good job.

We were getting closer and closer to the base and I decided to finally let the heat take over my body and I soon felt and saw my familiar glow before using my powers, to burn the group of soldiers coming my way.

I did so easily and carried on.

We came up to a big drop and barbed wire was in our path. All together we easily jumped our way over and that's when I saw the gate to the base in the distance.

All of a sudden, as I was firing at some soldiers I heard Tony yell over my coms.

"Shit!"
"Language!" Steve retorted making me slightly giggle.
"JARVIS, what's the view from upstairs?" I ask as I push a fried body off me.

"The central building is protected by some kind of energy shield. Strucker's technology is well beyond any other HYDRA base we've taken." JARVIS' voice sounded in our ears.

"Loki's scepter must be here." Thor spoke over coms.

"Thor's right, Strucker couldn't mount this defense without it." I reply

"At long last." Thor mutters.

As I'm fighting I hear the roar of an engine to my left, I whip over and outstretched my hands to destroy it however, it blows up before I could do anything making my eyebrows furrow in confusion. Then just behind it I see Natasha walking up to me. I smirk in her direction.

"Thanks." I smile.
"Anytime girl." She replies.
""At long last" is lasting a little long, boys." She says into coms making me smirk again. I nod my head in agreement as I blast some men down from their machine guns.

"Yeah. I think we lost the element of surprise." My brother agrees.

"Wait a second. No one else is going to deal with the fact that Cap just said "language?"" My boyfriend asks, directing the conversation away from the fight at hand.