Chapter 22: New clothes

"But don't you have a palisman? Why do you have to run all the way back?" Is my question to Edric. "I'm kinda grounded." My eyebrow raises at his answer. "If you don't mind me asking, why?" "Now who's the one 'pestering' me with my all the questions?" I frown at him while he chuckles till the chuckle becomes a sigh. "You see... I'm really, really sorry you got caught. I just thought it'd be fun to take a selfie with such a high ranking guard. I didn't think of the consequences. My mom saw my scroll and that's how the guards found out about it. After hearing about you getting taken away. Now that she knows you're wanted again, she thinks I know something and is grounding me from using my palisman till I cough it up." My crimson eyes widen at this information.

"I see... How badly do you want your palisman back?" "I can't turn you in, Hunter! But she'll probably think I don't know where you are soon because those posters have been around for a while now. Now quit stalling and try on what's in the bag." He chuckles once more, probably to cheer himself up.

Try on? I pick up the large green bag and see the fabric of clothing. What I first pull out is a large green hoodie. The second type of clothing I pull out is a white collared shirt with red leaves dotting it as a pattern. Then out I pull a... Pair of heart-shaped, bright pink tinted sunglasses? And the last is a container of bandaids.

"Bandaids?" "Yeah. Y'know, to cover up your trademark scar." Edric points to his left cheek. "But the clothes. I can't take these. I'd have no way of paying you back." "Hey, you can take them. I don't really wear those ones anyway. You'd be doing me a favor by taking them." I look at the clothes given to my by a member of the Blight family. "Are you sure you don't want these...?" Edric flashes a smile at me. "It's either you don't take them or the guards spot what you're wearing."

He's not wrong to be honest. My shoulders shrug at this and I take off my yellow vest. "Woah, woah, Hunter! At least let me give you some privacy!" Edric tells me as his hands are defensively put up. I can feel my face heat up at what awkwardness he's implying. "wait... You thought I was going to take off my shirt in front of you? It's just my vest, ok?" Edric puts his hands back down to his sides. "Oh.. right, right! I'll uhh- meet you out there " He walks off to the public and the light. That's one of the Blight's? 

Let's just get this over with. I start by placing the collared shirt over my dark one, then the hoodie over those two and then the... Sunglasses. Did they have to be shaped like a heart? And last but not least, I take out some of the white bandaids and place on on my left cheek as they're quite larger than average bandages.

And with a sigh, I head out into the bright light of the sun as I make sure my hood is up to hide my hair color.

(How was it?)