Chapter 3: Fake Family

A/N: Here's chapter 3. Enjoy, people.

I was born,
But never lived.

Chris:

I angrily chomped my cookie, glaring at the granite counter. A lot of confusing thoughts and emotions plagued my mind. On one hand, I was ecstatic that Arya was here. I'd missed her like crazy. On the other hand, I was royally pissed that she completely IGNORED me for two years and didn't even give me an explanation!

Footsteps and laughter came down the stairs.

"Kit?"

I stopped eating, but didn't turn around.

"Um... we're watching some TV in the living room if- if you want to join?"

I stayed silent and stood up, brushing past Arya and out of the room. I knew that if I looked at her, I would forgive her for leaving- and I didn't want to do that yet. I heard her sigh and follow me.

The others were sprawled out on the couch, flicking through channels on the TV. I shoved Ethan over and plonked next to him. Arya sat on the floor, as far away as possible from me.

"Hey Arya, why don't you sit here?" Caleb asked.

"I'm good here, thanks." Arya responded, smiling at him. "How long have you guys known each other?"

"Seven years... but we only became really good friends about three years ago." Isaac explained.

Arya nodded, turning her attention to the TV. She froze. "Don't change the channel."

On screen, an attractive woman with long, brown curls and sharp emerald eyes was saying something. She looked like an older version of Arya, and my eyes widened as a memory struck me like a bolt of lightning.

"Isaac, isn't that your ex-girlfriend?" Ethan questioned.

"Skittle, isn't that your sister?" I asked in unison. The nickname just slipped out, and it was too late to take it back now.

Isaac looked at Arya, "Wait, your sister is Marigold McKenzie? The millionaire fashion icon?"

"Unfortunately." She muttered, "You're her ex?"

Isaac's expression twisted into disgust, ''We dated for a while, but broke up around three months ago."

Arya's eyebrows furrowed for a moment, then she gasped loudly, pointing at him, "Ohh! You're Boyfriend von Pomp!"

Caleb burst out laughing, "B-Boyfriend von Pomp?"

Isaac was not amused, "why did you call me that?"

"Um, well, I think you're the guy who used to buy Marigold expensive presents and stuff until she dumped you for Boyfriend von Idiot?" We all dissolved into hysterics while Isaac slowly began to resemble a thoroughly embarrassed tomato.

"Not my fault." Isaac grumbled, glaring at the screen.

"I told you so." Caleb said in a sing-song voice. He'd predicted that Marigold was too good to be true. Unfortunately, Isaac never introduced her to us, otherwise I'd have told him who she really was.

We turned our attention back to the She-Devil on the screen. Her expression was one of calculated sadness and she stared morosely at the camera. "My sister has always been somewhat of a loose cannon- (Arya made a noise of disgust and anger)- but I think this has gone too far. Please come back, dear sister. We're all missing you."

The camera panned to her parents. Mrs. McKenzie's blue eyes were red and she sniffled slightly. "Yes, Arina, please come back home." Her husband stayed quiet, nodded dolefully.

Arya snorted, "She can't even get my name right!"

The camera zoomed in on the fourteen-year-old boy in his parents' grasp. His dark brown hair was dishevelled and tears flowed from his blue eyes. "Arya wouldn't run away like that. If- if you have any information, please contact the number below." His voice was filled with raw anguish.

I looked over at Arya to see her expression matched her brother's. She swallowed harshly. "Can- can I call my brother please?"

Isaac nodded and handed her an untraceable phone. We had to take hers away in case it had a tracker or something. With shaky fingers, Arya took the phone and went out of the room, shutting the door quietly behind her.

"I like her." Caleb shrugged, "she's pretty cool and funny." Nick agreed with him.

"She seems to hate her sister, so I like her too." Isaac said.

"Jury's still out." Ethan murmured, searching for a movie on Netflix.

End of chapter 3.

I hope you guys liked it!

Stay safe and thanks for reading :)