Chapter 8

Not edited- Please remember to vote and comment, I love reading comments!

𝐈𝐯𝐲 𝐖𝐞𝐬𝐭

I fell asleep, yeah the bitch with insomnia fell asleep for a good 30 minuets before I heard a knock on my door and apparently someone sent D to check if I was awake for class, I mean thanks anonymous person but I think you send the man too late, and now I'm 1 hour late to school.

Great.

My alarm never went off cause my dumb phone died, I swear it always chooses the worse times to be dead. 

Stop yapping to yourself and turn the damn laptop on.

I groan thinking bout the lecture of 'responsibility' I am going to get from my professor, I have to join a zoom call for class now which kinda sucks cause I like being there and- Actually maybe it won't be all that bad. I mean I hope it's not bad.

I log into my class, with my camera and mic of of course cause I look like a piece of dog shit. Mr. Adams pauses his lesson and I sigh knowing he know's i'm late. "Ms. West glade you could join us" he says using the typical line. He doesn't even wait for an answer before he starts teaching again, I roll my eyes seeing that I learned all this stuff just last week. The in person and online classes are different but I've seen Mr. Adams in school cause he uses a classroom to teach his online class I was transferred into, I hate this already.

If all of today is shit I've already learned I am tuning out and walking away from the laptop.

Get some food.

I sigh grabbing my air pods and putting them both in my ears, happy that they are already connected to my mac book and make sure one last time my mic and camera are off before walking to the bathroom, y'know what if I was brushing and they could hear. That would be bad.

I grab my brush and- well brush my teeth before walking back to the laptop. I have a free period next so I'll shower then.

But for now I need food in my system. I take one air pods out and tuck it back into the case, cause I think it would be rude if some tried talking to me and I had both in.

I leave the mac book on my bed as I hear the lesson through the air pods and walk downstairs, I yawn as I walk into the kitchen and smile at Athena "Morning" I say walking past her and opening the fridge grabbing a water bottle.

"Morning, sleep well?" She asks while taking a sip of some juice, "Not at all" I grumble leaning on the counter watching as she chuckles and grabs pancake mix, "How many will you have?" she asks gesturing to the mix and I shake my head politely "Not a breakfast person" I smile.

She rolls her eyes, "Well you are now, Breakfast is one of the most important parts of the day and I even make the boys eat- so I'll be damned if you don't" she explains and I smile, that's new. Me and my mom weren't...The closest. It was mostly me and my dad for some reason so Athena actually caring makes my heart melt.

"Why didn't you sleep well?" She asks grabbing milk and eggs from the fridge, I sigh "I have insomnia, and the minions forgot my sleeping pills" I say taking a sip of water, "-But I did sleep for thirty minuets causing me to be late to class" I say as Mr. Adams blabbers on into my one ear.

I tune out his voice now wondering why I even bothered wearing these if I already know what he's talking about.

Her eyebrows raise in surprise and I chuckle, "Had it since I was a kid" I mumble taking another sip of the cold water as she hums.

"Get the berries out of the fridge and wash them, please" she says with a smile and I do so grabbing blueberries, strawberries, raspberries and black berries.