chapter twenty seven

CHLOES POV:

My body was warm from being pressed against my lover, my eyelids fluttered open and y/n's face was smooshed into my pillows with some of my hair tickling her face while she spooned me. Gently I cupped her cheek and stroked her cheekbone with the pad of my thumb. Underneath her eyes she started to get the start of some dark eye bags and I wondered if she was staying up late getting lost in her music... or her own mind.

The faint buzz of my phone ringing on my nightstand made me close my eyes and sigh. Carefully I grabbed my phone so I wouldn't wake up my girlfriend, and answered Aubrey's call.

"Chloe!!" Aubrey screeched, "The aca gods have looked down on us and given us a second chance!"

At her screech I pulled the phone away from my ear and looked over at y/n to make sure she was still asleep.

"What are you talking about Aubrey?" I whispered.

"We're going to the finals!! Why aren't you more excited?" Aubrey said, seeming offended.

"It's not that I'm not excited I just-"

"Why are you whispering?"

"Because I just got my insides rearranged and we were taking a nap, something you could have if you weren't so stubborn."

"I'm not stubborn, I just have high standards. I'm gonna call the rest of the girls. Meet us at our usual place so we can all think of a game plan. We're gonna win this year, I can feel it." Aubrey said before ending the call.

I sighed, putting my phone back on my nightstand and I felt y/n start to rub my side while I curled back into her.

"Morning." She husked, kissing the top of my head.

I hummed, kissing her bare chest, "more like afternoon."

Y/n giggled, "you're right. How's my girl doing?"

I grinned, a cheeky one too, "I'm feeling pretty good."

My girlfriend kissed my nose before she got lower on the bed till she was face to face with my stomach, "And how's my little one doing in there? Mommy keeping you nice and warm?"

My heart swelled at the little interaction as the rockstar placed a gentle kiss on my stomach. I wasn't showing yet but I really couldn't wait to.

"Was that Aubrey on the phone?"

I hummed, "How'd you know?"

"I could make out that screech anywhere."

I couldn't help but start laughing and in turn y/n joined in with me. When we both calmed down I told her what Aubrey had said and y/n was happy that we got this second chance.

"I'm gonna text Beca." I told her softly and her eyes lit up.

"I think she'd like that. She won't admit it but she does miss you guys."

"I miss her and I know Aubrey does too. Aubrey's not gonna like it but if we're gonna win we're gonna have to change. Your sister makes us better."

YOUR POV:

"The aca-gods have looked down on us and given us a second chance." Aubrey beamed towards the other girls as we all sat down in the chairs, Chloe's head on my shoulder and her hand within my own.

"Shalom!!" Fat Amy sang.

Aubrey clapped her hands together, "Let's get working. Y/n, I guess you can stay."