Bato of the water tribe

Disclaimer: I know nothing about boats and I'm going semi off my Moana knowledge of sailing if you can tell 🤗❗️ if I got anything wrong, pretend I didn't ❤️‍🔥

———
"Hey, look!" Aang runs toward a a weapon with a pale curved blade and picks it up. "A sword made out of a whale's tooth!" 'Now why are we even running? I thought we made our rest stop to rest.' I mentally complain about all the exploring we were doing.

"Let me see that!" Sokka snatched the weapon from Aang and inspects it, "this is a water tribe weapon. See if you can find anything else." They immediately start searching around the area for more weapons.

"Did someone lose something?" Katara approached me.

"Nah, Aang found a weapon that belongs to the water tribe, so now they're searching for anything else." I reply.

"It's burned." Sokka stated when he picked up a broken arrow covered in soot. He walks over to a nearby tree and looks at the marks on it, "there was a battle. Water tribe warriors ambushed a group of firebenders. The fire benders fought back, but the warriors drove them down this hill." He runs down the hill and we follow him. We run down the hill until we reach a beach.

"So then what happened?" Aang asked.

"I don't know. The trail ends here." His shoulders slump and he looks disappointed.

"Wait! Look!" Katara points to a boat on the beach.

"It's one of our boats!" Sokka exclaims. Katara and Sokka run towards the boat and we follow them.

"Is this... dad's boat?" Katara asked.

"No, but it's from his fleet. Dad was here." Sokka stated.

"That's amazing! You'll finally be able to see your father after 2 years." I smile, feeling the enthusiasm from Katara and Sokka.

I lay on one of Appa's foot while we lay around a fire near the boat. We decided to set camp here, just in case someone came to get the boat. I glance at Sokka and see he's sitting by the fire, poking it with a stick. I stand up from my spot and sit next to Sokka.

"You okay?" I ask. He looks at me and nods.

"I guess I'm just thinking about the past." He lays his head on my shoulder. We sit in comfortable silence for a while until Sokka pulls out his boomerang and stands up. "Who's there?" I look back and see a long haired man dressed in blue approaching. 'His dad?'

"Sokka?"

"Bato?" Katara and Aang wake up.

"Who the what now?" Aang groggily asks.

"Bato!" Katara immediately recognizes the man.

"Sokka! Katara!" They run up to the man and hug him, "it is so good to see you two. Oh. You've grown so much."

I stand up to show my respect, "Hello, I'm Y/N and this is my brother Aang." I say as Aang and I walk up to them and we bow.

"Where's dad?" Sokka asks.

"Is he here?" Katara joins.

"No. He and the other warriors should be in the eastern Earth kingdom by now." Bato replied and Sokka sighed. A gust of wind passes and we all shudder. "This is no place for a reunion. Let's get inside." He starts to lead them to another place, he looks back and gestures for us to come along. We walk and enter a stone courtyard in front of a large building.

"After I was wounded, your father carried me to this abbey. The sisters have cared for me ever since." He explained. "Superior, these are Kota's children." He approached a group of women and we followed behind him. "They've been traveling with the avatar and his sister. I found them by my boat."