XCI. QUESTION EIGHTEEN

QUESTION EIGHTEEN!

JANUARY 1980

• • • •

"I can't believe it's finally done." Holland grinned, spinning around in the newly furnished and decorated living room of Hollyhock Cottage.

Remus chuckled, watching her fondly, "Only took us seven months."

Holland turned to him with a smirk, "Perfection takes time, my dear Remy."

Remus only laughed lightly, going over to the record players, flicking through the records on the bottom row of the bookshelf, "You sound like Max when you talk like that."

"I know," Holland nodded, "But she's right. It is a fun way to talk. You know she's made loads of clothes for Reg and the baby."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"Is she giving us friend discounts? Because we are raising two children, after all." Remus asked, only half joking.

"She's giving them to us for free. As a present of sorts."

"Baby equals free clothes," Remus nodded, making Holland laugh, "I'll keep that one in mind."

The girl was looking out of the window, looking at the beautiful scenery of the garden, when two warm, familiar arms wrapped around her waist, making her smile softly as a familiar tune started playing.

"How're you and my little cucumber?" Remus asked, kissing his girlfriend's shoulder.

"Little cucumber?" Holland chortled, "That's a new one."

"Well, you're six months along," Remus shrugged, "And Maggie told me that the baby's about the same size as a cucumber. Next week, you're carrying a cauliflower."

The pregnant woman let out a snort, "Well, your little root vegetable and I are doing just fine, thank you," She chuckled, leaning back into the warm comfort of Remus' arms, "Even better now that this song is on."

"'The Way You Look Tonight'. It's your favourite, right?" Remus mumbled into her shoulder, nuzzling his face into her neck, making her giggle at the ticklish sensation as they slowly swayed side to side.

"You remembered?"

"Of course." Remus nodded.

"All this time and you still make me blush." Holland chuckled.

"A talent of mine, I've found."

Holland laughed, looking over her shoulder at her boyfriend, "Wanna dance?"

"Absolutely."

Moving to the middle of the room, the couple swayed to the music, feeling their love for each other.

"I love the way you look every night." Remus whispered in Holland's ear, making the Slytherin let out a laugh.

"You are so cheesy."

"And you love it."

Holland smiled up at him, "I adore it."

Holland and Remus continued to dance, Remus occasionally twirling Holland under his arm, Holland occasionally twirling Remus under her arm, the both of the laughing at her struggle due to her height. Eventually, the record stopped playing, but the two kept gently swaying side to side, just enjoying being in each other's arms.

With her head resting on her boyfriend's chest, a smile slowly creeped onto Holland's face.

"Question eighteen."

Remus let out a laugh, "Have we seriously been playing this game for over three years now?"

Holland chuckled, pulling back to look up at him, "Evidently, yes."

Remus smiled down at her, "Go on then, ask you question."

Holland took a moment to study the boy's face with a soft, fond smile. She took in all his scars and little imperfections that he despised but she adored, before nervously running her tongue over her bottom lip and asking her question.

"Will you marry me?"