chaos

Kiara pov:

After a mostly sleepless night, JJ and I got up the next morning dreading the day ahead of us. Not knowing if our friends were alive or not was haunting us. As scary as the night was yesterday, being by JJ made me feel safe.

"Okay, let's go" I said getting up waiting for JJ.

He got up and walked towards the opening of the cave with me. He made sure the coast was clear before we walked out.

"Which way should we go?" I asked turning my head every direction.

"I don't know. I think we're completely lost" he replied adjusting his cap.

"Well that's great" I said sarcastically and started walking straight.

He ran up to me. "Wait up"

"Hurry up" I replied stopping.

"I thought u liked turtles!" He said making me chuckle.

My smile faded as I started walking again.

"Kie it's gonna be fine, we'll find them"

I stopped again and turned to him. "How do you know?"

"I just do. We're Pogues, we don't go down that's easily"

"Nothing about this has been easy"

"You're right, it hasn't been. We've been through so much and still survived! That's how I know they're still alive"

I gave a slight smile and nodded, wiping a year from my cheek.

"Let's just try and find our way back to the main road, then go from there"

---

They walked for 3 miles without seeing any anyone or any road.

"Stop" JJ said reaching his arm in front of me.

"What?" I whispered back.

"Do you hear that?"

"JJ stop you're scaring me"

"Let's just go this way" he started walking the opposite direction of where the sound was coming from.

The sound of broken sticks and crunched leaves were getting closer. I stopped and whipped my head around clearing the area.

"Kiara get behind me" I got out my gun and pointed it to where the sound was coming from.

I got butterflies in my stomach from the bad feeling I was getting. I stood behind JJ and kept searching our surroundings.

"JJ!"

He quickly turned his eyes to the direction I was pointing, out of the bushes, Rafe Cameron appeared.

"Would you look who it is" he said walking closer.

"Stay the hell back" JJ shouted still pointing the gun at Rafe.

"You think your toys can scare me?" He said laughing. "Look behind you tough guy"

Ward was behind us, holding a gun to the back of my head.

"JJ!"  Tears began to swell in my eyes, I held my eyes shut together refusing to open them.

"OPEN YOUR EYES BITCH" Rafe yelled coming up to JJ and throwing the gun from his hand. "I want you to watch your little friend here die" Rafe pointed the gun at JJ, his finger hovering over the trigger.

"PLEASE! Please don't hurt him!" I begged.

"It's either him or you, you choose"

"What kind of sick game is this?" JJ shouted.