Chapter 9 - Park

James

It's been two weeks since we got Daisy back. Ever since that night she had that flashback she's been having them more frequently.

I called her into my office because I need to talk to her. When she walks in I can see her hesitance and fear. She looks nervous like she is in trouble.

"You aren't in trouble I wanted to talk." I tell her giving her a comforting look. She sighs taking a seat on the other side of my desk.

"What do you want to talk about?" She questions me hesitantly. Her whole body looks stiff and like she's bracing herself for something.

"How are your injuries? The burns, lashes, and cuts, are they healing properly?" I ask her getting straight to the point. I've noticed since yesterday her back seems to be in pain. Whenever she moves she winces and I watched as she avoids leaning her back on the chairs.

"They are fine." She lies, guilt swarming her eyes. She's a terrible liar it's adorable.

"What's wrong with your back?" I ask her not beating around the bush. We put her in charge of taking care of her injuries. We assumed she wouldn't be comfortable with us helping her so we put her in charge of that.

She sighs and looks down she's probably playing with her fingers underneath the table. She does that when she's really anxious.

"It's hurting."

"Can I see it?"

"No." She answers quickly. It's my turn to sigh. She could have an infection or they could be getting worse.

"Daisy if it's bothering you, you need to let me know. I don't want you in pain or for it to get worse." I tell her. "You have a choice show me or a doctor at the clinic." I don't mean to sound harsh but she can't be hiding her injuries.

"You." She sighs.

"Okay come here." She gets up and slowly walks over to me, she has tears in her eyes as she reaches me.

"It's okay. I'm going to quickly look and then we will go from there." I tell her as I wipe the tears off her cheeks. She nods biting the inside of her cheek and turns around. I take the bottom of her sweatshirt that appears to be Henry's and lift it up to see her back.

What I see makes me feel nauseous. Over ten lashes on her back. The newer looking ones seem to be infected. The speed right from the top of her shoulder blades down past her waist.

I drop her shirt and she turns around crushing me in a hug. She curls onto my lap as I wrap my arms carefully around her back trying to avoid putting pressure on her cuts. I move her so she is on my lap. I just hold her as her body shakes from her crying. Tears prickle my eyes thinking about how much pain my baby is probably in.

"They are ugly. They make me ugly." She cries into my shoulder probably wetting my shirt. I don't mind though.

"No they make you look strong. Nothing makes you ugly. Especially not your scars. You are the prettiest girl in the world. Your scars don't change that."

"M'kay." She sniffles avoiding what I said. I can tell she doesn't believe me but I drop it because just talking about her scars is too painful for the both of us.

"They look infected baby. Henry has a medical degree he can give you some medicine." I suggest even though it isn't a suggestion. She nods burying her face into my shoulder. I send a quick text to Henry.

Hey man Daisys scars are infected get the medicine she needs we are in my office.

I'm on my way.