Chapter 40

Aaliyah POV

No Aaron! You will not break our bond. I don't accept that! I yell into Aaron's head.

You don't have to, he tells me with a deepening sadness washing over his entire being as he and his wolf accepts this fate, I promised to protect you and I will not break my promise.

If you break our bond, I will have to relive every moment of pain I have ever felt before, I argue, I will be completely lost and you won't be able to bring me back this time. We won't be able to touch each other again without living through that pain. Please don't condemn me to that life.

Angel-

No! I cut him off, You said that you love me. I know that you want to protect me but leaving me isn't the way to do that. You said that you love me, but if you break our bond, I will know you lied.

His deep growl echoes around the room as I look through his eyes to see a few people wearing scrubs moving things around to prepare him for surgery.

I love you Angel. Do not ever doubt that.

Then don't even think of breaking our bond. I rather die with you than live in a world where we are not connected.

I feel the tear slip down his skin, I can not be the reason you have to feel this pain. I can prevent it.

But that isn't preventing it, I want to smack his stubborn head.

What would you have me do? What will protect you?

You will. You are so strong and you will hold on until Zach gets to you. Your mom will heal me as you get hurt, I tell him, You are my strength and I know you are strong enough to keep us both alive.

But the pain-

I've lived through pain before.

But you shouldn't have to. Our bond is the reason you will.

I love our bond, I interrupt him again, Our bond made me whole again.

I feel his sense of calm run over us both as he digests my words. I know how much he loves me and I know he will do anything to protect me, even if it kills him.

But breaking our bond is wrong.

Our bond is as unique as it comes. We are connected at all times, even with that drug in his system. We are still in Sharing, Yes, we share injuries but we also can share experiences. Our minds are always connected in a way that I never knew could be possible.

Our bond is my safe haven and he can't take that away from us.

Safe haven, the thought crosses my mind as I feel an idea start to form.

Angel, Aaron calls as he turns his eyes to watch Dr. Anderson walk back into the room.

"I hope you've said your goodbyes," his sinister smile lingers on his face. A nurse walks over and downs his hands with latex gloves.

Aaron's growl vibrates his body.

My mind races as I try to come up with an answer. It has to be our bond. We are still connected.

My mind stops for a second as the thought clears.

We're still Sharing.

Aaron doesn't hear my words as the doctor moves closer.