chapter 9 | dead

JASMIN MARTINEZ

.•°•.•°•.•°•.

I was feeling overwhelmed.

So much shit was going on in my life that I can't even comprehend what to expect next.

It was at times like these where I wish I could just put a pause on life. Although I had just taken a vacation I was still feeling tired.

I don't know what the fuck I was thinking when I agreed to do Chase's place. Oh yeah, I wasn't thinking. Yes, it was good for the business but is it really worth it if my mental health is at cost?

I stopped the treadmill and stepped off. I used a towel to wipe off all the sweat on my face. My breathing could be heard from miles away because of how fast I was going on the treadmill.

I walked out of my home gym and went into my room. I saw Moana sleeping on the cat tree in my room. I went to my bathroom and took off my athleisure wear. I hopped into the shower. I took a fast warm shower. I needed to go over to Chase's house today to get a rough view of how the interior design process would go.

I stepped out of the shower and wrapped a towel around my body. I brushed my teeth and used mouthwash. I put on my deodorant. I did natural makeup and left my straight hair hanging. I took off the towel and put on my black lace undergarments. I put on a silky black skintight long sleeve dress. It was definitely bringing out my curves. It was ruched around my waist. I put on long two diamond studs on my earlobes. And, lastly, I put on black stilettos.

I picked up my notepad and pen from my side table in my room

I picked up my notepad and pen from my side table in my room. I fixed my dress before heading out. From the kitchen, I made myself a quick coffee. I quickly poured Moana's food into her bowl and refilled her water. I took my bag from the counter and phone.

I peeked my head through my Momma's room. "Bye Momma."

"Going to work?" She asked as she looked up from her book.

"Yeah, the nurse will be here shortly," I informed her and she nodded. "Bye, love you." I yelled as I made my way to the elevator.

Having a personal nurse come to the penthouse was a great help. My Momma was good after the treatment but for my state of mind, I needed someone to be with her at all times. She would come in the mornings and leave when I arrive. If I couldn't come, she would stay the night.

I opened my Ferrari door and dumped everything in my hands on the passenger seat. I started the car and pulled onto the main street.

I put the address in my google maps. I blasted music or else I would just overthink. I drank my coffee as I drove.

My team would be coming, later on, to make the blueprint and take the accurate measurements.