Chapter 49 - Let Go of the Apron

When Xie Lian woke up, he was dumbfounded with the sight before him.

Wei Wuxian, Lan Zhan, Shen Qingqiu, and Luo Binghe were all forced to dress into plain white and red robes, the type which servants of Xian Le would wear. The two couples all stood with their back ramrod straight, staring down at Xie Lian from his bed.

Xie Lian, "..." Why does he have an ominous premonition?

"You've woken up ah, lil' Prince." Wei Wuxian cheered.

The others had mindlessly clapped behind him. "Today, we'll be serving you."

Xie Lian was still in his stupor, but managed to ask the most important question, "Why?"

"Why?" Shen Qingqiu huffed, breaking out from his act. "We've irritated the Ghost King, so as compensation, Hua Chengzhu requested that we act as your servants for the day."

He thought that Xie Lian would ask "why is San Lang requesting you guys to be servants".

Instead, Xie Lian asked, "Why did you irritate San Lang?"

The two couples, "..." There was no hope.

Speaking of the devil, the bedroom door slid open, and the Ghost King entered. His black boots walked elegantly, as if they were merely tapping the surface of the glass flooring. "Gege," Hua Cheng smiled, "Today, I've prepared a lot. I hope that Gege doesn't mind if your friends serve you for the day."

Xie Lian was a bit confused. "San Lang, why'd you request Wei-xiong and them to become... servants?"

Hua Cheng shook his head. "They promised me something."

Lan Zhan looked at the ground, thinking that there was no chance for him to escape from this act.

"But, San Lang-" Xie Lian still didn't quite understand. Hua Cheng leaned closely, pressing a finger against his lover's lips. "What would Gege like to wear today? I have a full collection for you to choose from. There are the crimson red robes so that Gege could match me, there is also another set of white robes, and flower robes, and..."

Immediately, Xie Lian was taken into his lover's momentum. His original question was lost, and he began pondering on the thought of which clothes to wear.

The two couples, who were forced to become servants, "..." The little scrap picker didn't even know he was being toyed by his black-bellied husband.

"Alright, it's the red robes." Hua Cheng decided for his lover.

He turned to look at the two couples of "servants", then glared. The Ghost King seemed to say, "Don't you dare watch Gege dress."

The two couples shuddered, then left the room.

The door shut behind their backs.

By the door, the two couples could hear some muffled sounds from inside the bedroom. There were the ambiguous sounds of, "San Lang... don't touch there..."

Shen Qingqiu felt his scalp beginning to tingle.

Finally, the door opened. Out came Xie Lian and Hua Cheng. The former was dressed in daisy white and crimson red robes, with a pattern of a beauteous flower, embroidered across the rich fabric. Xie Lian had a pair of pearl earrings pierced in his ears, made of the finest material. Ruoye was strung across his wrist, blending in as a bandage.

Hua Cheng showed off his lover proudly. He seemed to be saying, "Look, my husband is so beautiful."

Xie Lian held onto his bamboo hat, unwilling to part with it. "Shall we have breakfast?"